Friday, March 1, 2013

Fabulous Friday

This is the world's worst laundry room. It is terrible. And I own it. I would laugh but I can't. The problem with this horrid room is that it is more of a hall than a room. You see the builder of this house was daft. He put the furnace in the dead center of the downstairs. I understand this was to save money but to add to the problem he put the water heater and all the plugs/water lines for the laundry right there too. Then slapped up a wall and left half of this level unfinished. Meaning all of this blocks perfectly usable space. Then throw in a few previous owners that tried to help and well you have a beautiful cluster-fuck. You have to go through this mess to get to the game room or the bathroom. I'm not even going to scare you with pictures of the crawl-space.
This is one of the last untouched areas of the house. We added the ugly and free cabinets.
This is the path to the game room. Cry for me.
I keep telling Den that he wants to fix this room as much as I do. He isn't taking this project to heart.
I found some before and after pictures on Tip Junky. Maybe there is help for that room after all. I just wonder how long I am going to have to complain before Den really wants to redo the laundry room. Oh wait, I'll answer that for you,"NEVER."
I think this summer I will start gathering things for the laundry room like a chandelier and a crew of men to fix it. LOL
Daydreaming about a wonderful laundry room,
Sonya Ann



18 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Believe it or not your laundry room looks better then mine! Mine is the only unfinished part of the basement so you can see the concrete walls. Though I do have a door to the laundry room and I can close off the ugliness anytime I want.
Though since hubby has 'retired' he does most of the laundry and I rarely have to go into the room ;o)

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

At least you have a room. Our washer and dryer are in our unfinished basement. The only access is through the garage, then down the stairs out there.

But hey, in one house during my first marriage, I had to go out onto the back porch, lift the hatch and go down into a cellar to get to the washing machine. I'll take my current set-up any day.

slugmama said...

Oh hell, I'd just MOVE! lol

Hawaii Planner said...

Our laundry room is bizarre in other ways - it's bigger than both of the kids bedrooms. . . . Um, why?! Why would you waste so much glorious space on a laundry room? While I'm trying to figure out how to shove a desk in the boys rooms, the laundry room has so much extra space.

Cheapchick said...

Be prepared to do all the work yourself - it will get done that way! Cheers!

Sheila said...

LOL Sluggy, I love that Tiffany blue! Paint does wonders SA, but you already know that...

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-We should enter one of those tv shows where they redo your room. It is so depressing.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-You have me beat with the having to so laundry in the cellar. Ugh why do laundry rooms have to be so crappy?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I like your thinking. Now please convince Den. He loves it here. He is such a pain. This is the longest he has ever lived anywhere and I don't think he ever wants to move.

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-Heck, just move one of the boys in there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing with a dryer. ;)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-It always works out that way.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-Some day, some day. That or a new house.

Frances said...

Hey, our laundry "room" is actually a cubby hole off the kitchen. But at least we don't have to go to a laundromat.

I LOVE the chandelier. I think I will look for one for our laundry cubby. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-And your cubby will look fabulous!

Jane said...

Yeah, I think we could have a yucky laundry room contest - it'd be pretty close. The only thing mine has over yours is it isn't a hallway, no, but it's PINK, yesiree! And unfinished - even the window!! Can't wait to renovate! (for someone else when I sell :()

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Why do we do that? We leave something until we have to fix it and then we will do for someone else.When we should have done it for ourselves.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.