Thursday, March 7, 2013

My New Wood

 Remember way back when, when we redid the downstairs bathroom? It doesn't seem like it was over 6 months ago but it was. Who knew?
Den took down the towel rack when he was painting and said that it would be really neat to hang a towel from some drift wood. Let me translate that for you, we haven't had a towel rack for 6 months.
We went to an estate sale and I found a piece of drift wood for $3.50. Much cheaper than a new towel rack and it turned out way cuter than I expected. The white towel cost $5 and won't be bright white after I wash it a few times.
Here is the towel in all its glory. These are the best pictures that I could get since I was standing in the shower. That is the tiniest room. I once slipped and fell out of the shower. I touched every wall on the way out.
I should stop complaining though. We are lucky to have two bathrooms. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like living with Anna and only having one bathroom. She would have claimed it and we would have gotten a bucket.
Not in the shower,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

D.Lynn said...

So am I to understand this correctly... this week has blessed you with balls and new wood...? Wow!
;)
(couldn't resist)

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Well when you put it like that I sound like a 13 year old boy. LOL

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

Neat idea. If we ever build a second bath in our basement, we'll probably go with a rustic look. I could make driftwood work there.

Actually, I could probably make it work in our existing bathroom. It has almost has a beach house theme going as it is.

Mamma has spoken said...

You PAID for a piece of drift wood? Shocked!
Guessing you don't live near a river so that you could have gotten one for free ;o)

Sheila said...

Very clever. I like it.

Frances said...

I love your wood!

Jane said...

Well it looks better than I thought it wood! (oops!) You better start wearing some rubber boots in that shower!! You should see our shower in PEI - you can just barely turn around - shaving my legs is a gymnastic event! And believe me I wouldn't be getting a medal!

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-I love it in there. So peaceful. Usually our ideas don't work out so well, but this one worked out. Who knew?

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-No river! We were looking for a piece for a while, I even looked on-line. Some people wanted a few hundred for one piece like that!

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-Thank you kindly!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Everyone says that.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'm glad you like my wood. Wood you ever hang any in your little bathroom?