Monday, March 25, 2013

Sock Sniffer

Remember way back, when I was talking about a sinus pillow? And how I thought it would be wonderful to have one of them. Well, I got a sinus infection. Let me rephrase that, I live with a sinus infection for most of the winter. It's really more of a hobby.
Anyways, I remembered the sinus pillow and decided to make one on my own. There was a small wrinkle in my plans, I wasn't in the mood to sew. So(or would it be sew) I got one of Den's old socks and filled it with salt and put it in the microwave. I learned a few things whilst fighting a screaming headache. Socks have elastic in them and tend to melt when microwaved, melted elastic stinks when sniffed, salt will bind with said melted elastic and split when you try and manipulate it.
I did manage to find a spot that wasn't melted or split and sniffed away. It did help or I was high from the toxic fumes. I'm going to sew a real pillow and be prepared.  I am going to try again, I'm sure it will be a disaster of some sort.
Somethings should be left unsaid,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheapchick said...

Hubby has the same problem. He uses sinus rinse almost every single day. It helps. He uses Neilmed. My mom uses salt and water.

Mamma has spoken said...

Well at least you tried ;o)

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

What kind of sock? I've done the same with one Shane's old white cotton socks and it worked just fine. I used it for years until the rice inside started to smell burnt when I heated it.

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ND Chic said...

I never would have thought about the elastic either. Sounds like a great idea though.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I still use the neti-pot but I am just looking for a quick fix. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I guess that is worth something.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-I think that I microwaved it for too long. 30 seconds on each side.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-Sometimes I think that I shouldn't!

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-And now you know!