Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Cleaning-Fail

I'm deep into my Spring Cleaning marathon. Yuck. I usually scrub one room a week and I try and have it finished by the time it is nice out. I'm starting to wonder if it is ever going to be nice out again. I hate cold weather!
Anyways, I saw a cleaning tip for grout. You sprinkle baking soda on the grout and then pour on hydrogen peroxide. All I did was make a mess. I let it dry because nothing was happening and I ended up having to scrape it off. Don't do it! You have been warned.
Our carpeting meets up with the grout so I try not to use anything on the grout that will bleach out carpeting. The best thing so far is straight hydrogen peroxide and a toothbrush.
Back to cleaning,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

McVal said...

Dang. You've just guilted me into cleaning our bathroom over my lunch break...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Well don't use this tip.

Sheila said...

I just met a girl today that cleans homes...I'm thinking of hiring her. I hate cleaning!

Mamma has spoken said...

I cleaned the house Saturday. I'm not much for spring cleaning. If I don't clean it on my every other week cleaning binge, I'll get it another time ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-I don't mind cleaning so much. I hate scooping kitty litter and taking out the trash. And that is why it's DJ's job. Wonder who will do it when he goes away to college.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I get kind of nuts if I deviate from my cleaning schedule. I really need therapy.

Frances said...

Thank goodness the only thing I have to do is clean the litter boxes. Yes, I am so spoiled.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-And that is the only thing that I don't have to do here. Oh and take out the trash-DJ is such a good boy.