Monday, March 18, 2013

Whoops

Lifted from Pinterest
When Anna was home for Spring Break, she needed her hair colored. I had gotten some hair color for free because of my couponing. Yay me! Or so we thought.
A while ago Ms. Anna with my help, dyed her hair brown and hated it. I then recolored her hair blond. Didn't work. I have since found a product that removes home hair color without damaging hair. Day late and a dollar short.
Anna went to a salon to have it fixed. They charged a ton of money and made it worse. Even she said, it was the worst thing that had ever happened to her hair.
She has been growing it out for a long time. The hair that she had treated is fried. And let me tell you putting cheap color on it wasn't the greatest thing to do. It was breaking and rubbery. I was quite surprised that she didn't seem all that upset. She said that she had known her hair was going to fall out for some time and had accepted. She just wanted it longer before she cut it.
Who knew fried hair could be saved? I didn't! She put coconut oil on the fried ends and left it for two days. It was a miracle. Yes, a hair miracle. It is still fried but no where near the mess that it was before. She said she is just going to nurse it along until it grows out a little more and then cut it off.
So if you ever have fried hair-use a little coconut oil!
Not a hairdresser,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

Sheila said...

TY for the tip. I have my hair professionally colored because I played Kitchen Beautician once and failed. I got some FREE Clairol hair color (foam) recently and tried it myself. Worked like the salon and the best part....it was FREE!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-I really don't think it was the hair color that did it. It was probably all the crap that has been done to it.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I haven't colored my hair in years, but I do occasionally use coconut oil as a deep conditioner.

I'm convinced that coconut oil can cure and/or do just about anything!

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-AMEN! I'm loving the stuff, it's pure gold. Where do you get yours? It is sooooo expensive.

Mamma has spoken said...

Your story reminds me of the days of home perms.
Think that's why I only get my hair cut. No perms, or coloring, just a cut. Usually the same one I've had for years....

Frances said...

I have done everything to my hair. Seriously! I even had it green one year for St. Patty's day. I have been fortunate to never fry it.

Infusion 23 leave in conditioner is also good with fried hair. My first hubby got a perm that fried his and Infusion was the only thing that made it look like hair again.

Glad Anna found something to help.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I am a victim of a home perm. LOL. Yes, I'm from the 80's.
The only thing that I do to my hair now is color it. I'll get a hair cut but that is usually just to donate it.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are such a fun person! My hair was orange once but that was because I used sun-in on it in 8th grade. I bet green was better.