Monday, April 29, 2013

1 Winner and 2 Losers

Well the good news is random.org likes D.Lynn the best. Please send me your address and I'll send you some money, honey. Sorry to all of the losers, trust me I'm in that group too.
Our trip was fun and we didn't win anything. Boo! But I have kind of come to expect it. And accept it.
We had one massive downer, Payless car rental. They wouldn't accept our car insurance, they said that Progressive doesn't cover "something"(I can't remember what it was and when we dropped off the car I wanted to ask but the line was so long we were going to miss our flight. Trust me, I argued and got nowhere) in the state of Nevada that they cover in Illinois. After much fuss, it came down to pay it or don't get the car. We got the car plus paid an extra $150.
The problem with going to Vegas is.........it is a bit expensive to get around. You can pay a ton of money to stay on the strip and not need a car or cabs or you can pay for a car and stay a ways off of the strip. Normally, it is cheaper to rent the car and stay off the strip.
But I found a solution to this! We stayed at Silverton and they are the only hotel that I know of that offers free shuttle service to and from the Strip. They also offer all of their guests shuttle service to and from the airport. Our problem is solved and the dirty son's-a-bitches at Payless won't get another cent out of us. No more car rentals for us equals more money for the slots, baby!
We loved Silverton and this isn't a paid post either! They treat you like gold. If you want to know what it is like to be treated like a high roller even when you aren't, visit them. We earned free food, the staff was perfect, yes perfect, the drinks were free flowing, and we were compt our room just for gambling there in the past. And they used Bath and Body Works soap, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner for supplies in the bathroom. AWESOME! The bed was also the best bed I have ever slept in. Please don't take that the wrong way, I am not saying that I have "slept" in many beds. I'm just saying I know a bed or two.
I actually called housekeeping to find out the kind of mattress(perfect day Serta) they used and about all of the bedding. It was like sleeping on a cloud. I'm not lying. I think we are going to buy a new mattress, pillows, and comforter before getting a new table. Maybe.
So that was our trip. Den and I are drying out and get back into the swing of our normal and boring life. It was a blast and I hope that we get to go back real soon.
Sober and Miserable,
Sonya Ann 


14 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

Welcome back!
And congrats to the winner even though it wasn't me ;o)

McVal said...

Welcome home!!!

And gee Sonya... SOunds like you sleep around a lot...

Lena said...

Sounds like you had fun!

ChiTown Girl said...

Glad you had such a great time. =)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Thank you much. Wish I could say that I was glad to be back. Vegas Sonya is way more fun.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Don't tell anyone!

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-It was a blast and I can't wait to go back!

Sonya Ann said...

ChiTown Girl-Me too! ;)

Sheila said...

Welcome back. I bet you missed us terribly ;)

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-More than you know!

Frances said...

I can't believe I didn't win after all the times you have won on my blog. Boo!

Glad you are back. Poo on Payless and yeah for Silverton.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I know, you should have won! Damned random.org!

D.Lynn said...

Hey, I'm here! Sorry was unplugged these last few days! But hey...Yay! :)

D.Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.