Monday, April 8, 2013

Laundry Room Update

 Oh how I wish I could say, "TADA and this is the finished laundry room!" Never going to happen. Well, if we built a new house then maybe. Wait, that isn't going to happen either.
Or this would be perfectly acceptable.
 And this is how it still looks. But I think that we finally have a plan. Well, I had a plan it was just getting Den on-board. We have a problem down there that we can't seem to find a working solution for.
When you walk in the laundry room you see the washer and dryer. But if you look to the left...........
You get a nice view of all this ugliness. We can't seem to come up with a way to drywall the ceiling around this mess without making it worse. So we were going to try and enclose it but all of the pipes are in the way. So I came up with this...................................
Or something like it. We will probably make it ourselves cuz we are cheap like that! We, and by we I mean Den, just needs to get a move on. 
I did suggest a curtain but that was quickly vetoed. There is a flame on the furnace and the water heater. Who knew?
So I guess the next step is the gathering phase. My favorite phase is the finished phase.
So if anyone has ever had to deal with finishing a problematic area and what your solution was, I would LOVE to hear it.
Thanks again,
Sonya Ann



16 comments:

Sheila said...

Maybe paint the pipes the same color as the walls or box them in w/some light weight wood? I am loving that turquoise/tiffany blue wall!!!

Mamma has spoken said...

I have the same problem in my laundry room. I've learn to ignore it and keep the door closed. I'm not it that room very often anyway ;o)

Val said...

Darn... a flame... That nixes my idea. When my kids want to clean their room, they thrown their extra stuff in the closet and throw a blanket over it.

Probably won't work for you...

McVal said...

That was me...

Lena said...

Good luck! I really want to tackle our laundry room (oh, should I say, laundry closet) but it's just not in our budget at the moment.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-I think we either need a team of men in here to fix it or to move. I'm ok with either.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Best solution yet. I'll just close the door. That saved me a ton of work and money!!!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I don't know if I could throw a blanket over the entire room! But I could try.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I figured!

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Boy, how many times have I said the same thing!

Frances said...

I like the idea of getting a team of men in there. :-)

Maybe if you hang some pics of hot guys in your laundry room, it will keep you from looking at the hot water heater.

slugmama said...

Den has a problem "down there"?
I didn't realize.....so sorry....lol

I'm back!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Pictures of hot guys and just closing the door. I have gotten some awesome ideas!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Yay!!You are back. I was worried. I had to call off the search team.
And Den has oh so many problems.

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I'd officially name it the Mechanical Room and leave it like it is. Like Mamma said, shut the door. Spend the money on new table and chairs instead.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-You and Den say the same thing! And don't say great minds think alike cuz you don't want to be grouped in with him!
Honestly, everything in this house needs work. It is older and has had more than its fair share of idiots "fixing" things. Even Den was saying that it would be so much easier to pack up and move. I think it might be less work to pack then fix.