Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Realization

My Meat
I took the picture with my phone. Lesson learned.
Anyways, Den was making 2 huge roasts the other day. He volunteered for the job, like I was going to argue. I walked past and realized, there are only three of us here and that was a massive amount of meat. Of course, I had to point out the obvious to Den. He actually knew there was only three of us. And I always say, he isn't very observant.
Then he started talking about all of the things that he was going to use it for. A roast dinner,  chop suey, maybe tamales. He may have said more, he lost me after he said tamales. YUM!
He also stated that even when it will be just the two of us, he would probably still cook in such massive quantities. He likes to feed people and I like to have left-overs. Oh yeah, and we like to eat.
Probably what will happen when DJ leaves for college is we will continue to cook like we do and then be over-run with leftovers and frozen food. So I will probably still spend quite a bit at the grocery store but then not have to go back for a long time.
Knowing Den he will just see it as an excuse to keep cooking and have a party every other weekend. Once in a while, it is a good thing to know us.
Envy my meat,
Sonya Ann

6 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

When my sons would come home from college, they would ALWAYS raid my freezer for frozen leftover 'mini' meals. They would then take them back to their dorms for dinners later.
You need to start stacking up on those disposable containers now because you DON'T want the tupperware ones back.
I speak from experience ;o)

McVal said...

That's thinking ahead! You've got a very smart hubby!
In my freezer, I have 5 chicken breasts and some freezer burned popcicles...
And no idea what to do for supper...

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I do save them!!! Are you proud of me?
When Anna comes home, she eats EVERYTHING! Her brother is 17 and he can't hold a candle to what she can put away.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I say you rinse off the popcicles and serve them for dinner. The chicken is way too difficult.

Frances said...

Hubby still cooks more food than just for 2 people. There is usually enough to put at least one lunch for me in the freezer, sometimes 2. And a lot of times, he will make a roast, then shred some up for bbq. Some is made into stew or soup.

He got a great deal on some pork roasts a while back and it made a lot of meals.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It really is the best way to operate the kitchen. I love having something that I can pull out instead of ordering out. But it did strike me that we were making way too much meat. LOL