Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm Scattered

I haven't been as out going as I normally am. I'm sorry about that. My computer was lost to a thunder storm. I loved that computer. Even the buttons had just enough spring to them. It was Heaven.
Even though I'm cheap and I loved my old computer, I'm alright with letting it go. The battery didn't hold a charge, the cord zapped you pretty fierce, and it would over heat and burn you. Yes, literally burn your leg. Plus it was more than 5 years old. In computer years that is like 97 and senile.
My new computer is shiny and new and sucks. All I can tell you is whoever came up with Windows 8 should have a hot poker shoved up their ass.
And this isn't the hot poker that I'm talking about. Yes, there is a plant named hot poker. Poor thing.
Windows 8 is an abomination. It took me 15 minutes and a help forum to find the damned off button. THE OFF BUTTON! And Lord save you if you need to scroll down. Cuz that stupid side bar jumps out.
People are taking their brand new computers in to have them downgraded to Windows 7. Maybe this is all just one huge money making scheme.
I'm learning it slowly. So I will be making my rounds to visit everyone very SSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!

This is a picture of Den teaching Anna to change her light bulb in her car. She wasn't happy with the lesson. Anna was out with her friends and the light bulb kept getting more and more dim and then it went out. And that was when the police officer saw her. I laughed my butt off at her. Mean but true.
He gave her a warning for the head light(which she went home and fixed! Way to go Den for being a great dad!) and a ticket for not having current insurance. Yes, you did read that right. She, of course, couldn't find her current insurance card. She did find it after he drove off. She went to the court house on her lunch break and took care of it. She then told me that it only took her a few "handys" and it was done. I mean really why does this child have such a foul way of stating things?
Who thinks like that?
Sonya Ann



22 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I have no idea how to change the lightbulb in my car either. That's what hubby is for ;o)

Pamela said...

I need to learn how to change the lightbulb in my headlight.

And I do not get the whole "let's just make some new computer programs with improvements that actually will backfire horribly" mindset. ARGH.

slugmama said...

What's a "handy"?
clueless as usual here....

You get the hot poker and I'll gladly join your shoving party....which way to Windows HQ?

Windows 8 can suck my "you know"

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-You have a good hubby!!! They are always cuter when they are doing repairs. At least, that is what I tell Den. I don't think that he always believes me.

Sonya Ann said...

Pamela-I would love to know what they were thinking when they came up with this set up. It is TERRIBLE!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-It is something like a job with the hand. She is foul.
How sad is it that you buy a new computer and you don't want to use it? You would think that having something shiny and new would make you want to write. But no, Windows 8 is making stay away from writing. Bastards.

Lena said...

And that's why I don't want to buy a new computer (even though I might have to very soon). It took me FOREVER to get used to my current Vista, I don't want to start all over again :(

McVal said...

LOL!!! She is her mother's daughter...

Sheila said...

I need a Den...my husband can't do $h1T!

Jenny Woolf said...

I have heard this about Windows 8 too. Its time I changed my computer but I am thinking of taking the big step of changing to a Mac.

Cheapchick said...

My five year old laptop burns my leg too! We use our computers for our self employment so I am passing on mine to my Mom to cruise the internet and hubby will get a new smaller one to travel with. I will inherit his which still has Windows 7 and is only 1.5 yrs old yihaw! Hubby will have to deal with Windows 8 (only I am not saying a word :)).

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I hate to be the barer of bad news but I don't have a solution for you. Either buy a used computer and hope that you can get a few years out of it or pay to downgrade the software.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-How did you ever come to that conclusion?

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-There are still things that he can't do like have manners at times.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny-This really is terrible. I am having a terrible time getting used to it. I have basically pinned everything that I use to the taskbar and I ignore everything that pops up.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Don't say a word or you might end up with the new computer! Did you ever think that we would get to the point where getting a new computer was a bad thing?

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

At least it's the computer that sucks and the daughter who's handy.

Although a handy computer might be nice.

Frances said...

Anna takes after her mama! Do what it takes to get the job done.

Sonya Ann said...

Annie-Hahahaha! You would fit in nicely at my house.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Sometimes I just shake my head and realize that I may have gone too far.

Moonwaves said...

Have to join in the Windows 8 hate party. What I found particularly irritating was the cutesy ad someone sent me a link to on youtube where people in some (Russian, I think) big computer shop ask for help and a demo of the new windows and out comes a cute little five or six year-old to show them. So intuitive a kid can use it! Great. Now what about a nearly forty year-old like me? I know a kid can use it but I'm the one who wants it! Still, at least the same person also led me to a youtube review that helped me find some things a bit easier. It was called "windows 8, it's nearly not terrible".

Sonya Ann said...

Moonwaves-I'm so not feeling this new computer. I used to love to be on it and write my books and blog posts but now I'm not feeling it and it is because I am having such a hard time finding everything. Grrrr.