Monday, June 3, 2013

Benching too Much

 This is the crappy old bench that we have had for at least 10 years. It's ugly and old.
 Yup, still ugly and old from this angle!
 And this is it, all nice and new! Den power washed it and stained the wood. He also found some black spray paint in the garage and repainted the metal. So if you come acrossed an ugly old bench at a garage sale, get it. It didn't take much to make it look new again.
I'm telling you, he is on a roll this summer. I don't know what has gotten into him. But he is all gung-ho on the yard and projects. Praise and beer?
We also have been collecting things for the yard to make it a bit better. The two flower pots and the round thingy we got from Goodwill and garage sales. 
And a closer look of the not crappy anymore bench.
Now I just need to get him to pull weeds around the pool and power wash the house. I don't think beer and praise will get it done. Hmmm, maybe cocaine. Ok, I'm soooooo kidding about the cocaine. I'm way to cheap for that.
Waiting for the K-9 unit,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

Lena said...

It looks great! And too cheap, huh? :)

McVal said...

lol! The bench looks great! I've got a crappy green one that needs work... Can I mail it to you?

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Cheap is my favorite word!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-How about I just come visit you for the summer and I will fix it then? DJ is getting on my nerves!!

Mamma has spoken said...

Looks great!
My hubby needs a lot of beer too. But I have to be careful as to how much I give him though because it sometimes backfires ;o)

Sheila said...

Wow, Den is handy! Nice transformation :)

Frances said...

I was going to suggest you paint the crappy bench RED! But I guess it looks nice the way Den did it.

D.Lynn said...

Looks great! And way to motivate the hubby, regardless of what is working :)

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Now I'm wondering if I should ask what you mean by "Backfires?"

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-It was way easy for me since I did nothing.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-But then I would have had to buy paint and you know I'm way too cheap for that.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Let's hope that I can continue to pay him with beer.

ND Chic said...

In some places, cocaine is cheaper than beer. Its not a path I would recommend that you start though.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Might I ask where this place might be? I have never heard that before.

ND Chic said...

In big cities like New York and Miami where cocaine is very abundant. I have watched too many episodes of Drugs Inc.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Well I learn something new everyday!