Thursday, June 20, 2013

Croutons or Milkshakes

"My crouton brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, it's better than yours! Damn right or I'd have to charge!" Or at least I think that is how the song goes.
I made croutons! I'm the only person that would get excited about making dried out bread. Yay, I'm dried out and excited.
This is the super easy recipe.
Preheat your oven to 350
Melt some butter
Brush it on the old, stale bread
Cut it into chunks
Sprinkle with seasoning(I used cheapy Italian seasoning from the Dollar Tree)
Bake for 15 minutes or until crunchy
Yup, it is so easy that I can do it! Seriously, these are amazing! My neighbor is German and he makes croutons but instead of butter, he uses bacon grease. I might have to give that one a try.
Easy and crunchy,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Girl, you need to get out more. Just kidding! Anything homemade always tastes better. Cheers

Lena said...

I love homemade croutons. And it's frugal too :)

Frances said...

Very frugal! And they look yummy!

slugmama said...

so how do you use up leftover alcohol?
oh, wait....no such thing as leftover alcohol...hehehe

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yes, I agree with you! I need a life.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I'm the only one that would get this excited over dried bread.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It is so good but I bet not as good as the Aldi cheesecake. Hmmmmmm, cheesecake.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-The only left over alcohol we have is red wine and that usually gets added to pot roast. And that is so rare!