Monday, June 10, 2013

My Sad Little Garden



 It's not much but its all mine. Most of this comes back every year without any effort. And that's good because I'm a lazy gardener. We spent a total of $4.60 for my little project. We have chives, oregano, green onions and dill that has come back. We planted cilantro, parsley, lettuce and basil.
 Dead center is lettuce, to the right is parsley and bottom left is cilantro. I read that cilantro does better in a container and won't go to seed as fast. We shall see.

And there is my dill and basil. Everything was doing very well until went ape shit with the fertilizer. Less is more, Den. Less is more. He also got a hold of our impatiences in the front yard. They melted slightly.
It's probably best that we don't have a farm or a large garden. We would starve and do severe damage to the land.
My aunt has a large farm in southern IL and I told her how Den always wanted to live out in the middle of nowhere and live off the land. She asked me if he could hunt and farm. I said we would be living off the land for sure, we would be eating dirt. She laughed, I meant it.
Off to market,
Sonya-piggy-Ann

10 comments:

McVal said...

Did I ever tell you about the plant in my bedroom as a girl? I thought if a little pig poop is a good fertilizer, I should load it up! The plant died and a hard crust formed on the top of the dirt... Because of course I ignored it even tho it reeked.
My mom almost shot me when she finally found out what was causing the stink upstairs... She didn't come up very often!

D.Lynn said...

Why is it guys don't have that filter of when enough is enough? And they wonder why they're bad at golf and relationships...! ;)

Cheapchick said...

We just managed to kill/maim all my baby tomato seedlings grown from seed with fertilizer so I gave up, went and used a gift card the kids gave me and bought 4 nice new 1 foot seedlings. I love growing stuff but have kind of a crappy green thumb.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-You were naughty. You meant well but still naughty.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-I have yet to meet a man with impulse control.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-That is sad that you worked so hard and then killed them off. I would have done the same thing too. Now lay off the fertilizer!!

Mamma has spoken said...

Knock on wood, my little garden is doing great! Of course I made sure that the son didn't put any fertilizer on it this year. I think he burnt my plants by over doing it too......

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-Why can't they show a little control??????

Frances said...

Chives! You know those are like gold. They are so expensive and Hubby loves them.

He is getting some for Father's Day. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Send the man here and he can have all that he wants!!! They are the only plant that I can grow. I have to cut them back all the time. Hell, I found some growing in the garden on the other side of the driveway! They are like tribbles.