Monday, June 17, 2013

Tupperware Love

This is my beloved Tupperware box. Me love you long time, Tupperware. A friend of my grandmother gave it to me when she replaced some of her Tupperware when I was barely 20. She also gave me an olive green flour and sugar container. My guess is they were from the 70's. They could easily be as old as I am. No wonder it cracked! I'm sure there is a joke in there and there is no reason it say it.
"Tupperware® Brand products are warranted by Tupperware against chipping, cracking, breaking or peeling under normal non-commercial use for the lifetime of the product."Yay, Tupperware! The only problem is you have to be able to read the number on the piece. Ummmmm, this is so old that it didn't have a number. I called and was told to bring it to a local consultant and he/she would determine if it was a true Tupperware container. Ok, that's fair. I contacted my local consultant by email and waited and waited. Two weeks went by and I decided that it was time for another call to corporate. See I have patience. Fine, it wasn't really patience, I forgot about it.
Corporate decided just to send me a replacement part after I told them that I was having a hard time finding someone to call me back.
Unfortunately, they don't make anything like this anymore. So they are sending me a cake carrier, all I had to do was pay $5.75 for shipping. I am so overjoyed! But I am going to miss my old container. It was a part of the family. Maybe someday I will get lucky and find another one at a garage sale.
I just wanted to say how happy I am with Tupperware! I know there are a few other companies that have a lifetime guarantee on their products but I have never had to get a replacement. Just thought I would share my
happy experience!
Who wants to experience me,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

That looks like it was the perfect container to make bourbon slushes in ;o)
Pamper Chef has the same deal with their products too. The problem with them though is they want you to go back to the original seller in order to get your replacement. Aren't you glad tupperware didn't say that!

slugmama said...

I have never known anyone who wore out a piece of Tupperware. You are my first..... ;-)

McVal said...

You're as cracked as your Tupperware! lol!
We've worn out Tupperware, we've melted it on the stove... We've fed dogs out of it and found the remains of the chewed up dishes under our deck... Lids are lost immediately upon arrival in our house. But I LOVE the kids sippy cups!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-The wonderful slushes would have to be drank super fast in that container. It's ok I'm up for the challenge.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I have the feeling that one of the kids saw that it was split and put it away anyways. They do that shit.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Good one!!!
I only have a few pieces of Tupperware cuz they are too expensive for my blood. We be poor.
I buy the cheapy stuff from the dollar tree. I'm totally fine with losing the lids to that stuff. And we reuse the containers that lunchmeat comes in. How's that for broke!

Frances said...

I have a Tupperware sheet cake carrier I have had since college. I LOVE that baby!

We used to have 2 blender Tupperware parties. Yummy! I think one of my friends was a consultant. I don't remember who. LOL! I had other Tupperware from those parties. I forget what happened to it.

ND Chic said...

I thought everybody reused the containers lunch meat came in?

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I have never had a tupperware party. I guess I don't have enough friends or the ones that I have are too poor!

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-I have a pretty impressive glass collection too. I'm planning on making pickles and giving them out so I'm storing up.

Jenny Woolf said...

Great the way that some companies just keep on and on and maintain their reputation. There aren't so many of those around

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny-I know I would love if more companies tried to do right by the consumer.