Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wash Job

 This was my latest garage sale find. An old washboard for the laundry room that is never going to get finished. Oh well for $3 it will help make it a little better.
 My adorable old washboard looks to be the real thing. It's worth about $20 on a good day but I'm not going to resell it so it doesn't really matter. But it is nice to know that there is a profit in my little find. 
And this is the back with the hook already in place. I might need to start using it to save some money. I have no self-control with our grocery bill so maybe I can save a few bucks on the electric bill and laundry costs. I posted this little find because I didn't want to talk about how far I'm off my grocery budget. Fine, if you are going to force it out of me. I spent $205.59 for the week. And I have $100 budgeted. I SUCK. I sat down and went through everything and I'm spending too much time at the store and I'm making too many trips. I'm going to keep tally on the frig of my spending and I think this should help. Maybe talking about it is making it worse. So lets shut up about it and so back to looking at the washboard.
Off to spend save money,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

I only go to the store one day a week. If I run out of something, then I make due with what I have in the house. Found this really helps me stay in my food budget AND it saves on gas :o)

D.Lynn said...

Also, while I know it's tough with "boys" in the house, use more produce (fresh fruits and veges). In the long run, they cost less and are more nutritious than processed food. And because they go bad, it causes you to use them if you don't want the money to go to waste.

Sonya Ann said...

Mamma-I'm the problem with the food budget. It has gotten out of control. Posting about it, I hope will make me watch it more closely. I hope.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-We are just coming into veg season so hopefully that will help. Honestly, I'm fed up with what is going on. I'm hoping being disgusted will straighten me out.

Cheapchick said...

I am certain that grocery stores are stealthily increasing prices - 1% per week. Not enough for people to know about it unless they tract their grocery spending. We are up as well (especially after my stepson 3 plates full please arrived for a visit this week) but the way I buy groceries has not differed. It is all a big conspiracy I tell ya - and that is my story and I am sticking to it!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm with you cuz there is no way in hell I want to blame myself for the mess that I am in!!!;)

Lena said...

What an awesome find! And I know how you feel about spending money - I'm already out of our misc. part of the budget for this month...sigh...

Frances said...

You do suck.

No, not really...at least not in a bad way.

My grocery spending has gone down a bit since we got our Aldi.

It might have gone down more if we had not discovered Aldi's Belmont cheesecake 2 packs. Yummy!

slugmama said...

$200+ in a WEEK?!?
Tsk, tsk.....you are coming down with a case of Sluggyitis.
No more trips to the store for you! lol

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I'm so sick of being broke! And its mostly my fault. Well and the people that I live with because they keep eating all of the food.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Yes I suck and in a bad way. I figure once I get fed up enough with this problem I will try and fix it. I'm even sick of hearing me complain. And don't tell me about the cheesecake, I don't need to spend anymore!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-It's a sad day when neither of us can get our shit together. The world may come to an end!!!