Friday, July 26, 2013

Fabulous Friday

Our lettuce consumption is through the roof  this year much to the dismay of the boys in the house. When they complain I say, "It's good for you, it will make you poop." Yes, I really say that. I need to learn to edit myself in the real world and on my blog. It probably won't happen.
I'm thinking we need to have something like this on the side of the garage for next year. Den wasn't sold on the lettuce in the gutters thing. Maybe he will like this a bit more. He wants to put in another garden behind the pool. I'm not sold on that one. It's too hard to drag a hose over the deck and around part of the pool to get to anything back there. And guess who would be doing all of the dragging of the hose?
I like this idea much better!
Not Sold,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

Looks like an interesting idea there. Good luck finding one of those at a garage sale ;o)

D.Lynn said...

Clever idea!

Cheapchick said...

Neat idea. The bugs have eaten almost everything i planted this year except the tomatoes (even ate some of the leaves but who cares). Not sure what I am going to do next year.

slugmama said...

Tell Den the gutters are a bust here, the second year in a row.
Ugh.
I am done with gutters.....

Sheila said...

I have seen herbs in a over the door organizer too! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

McVal said...

lol!!! You were growing lettuce in the gutters??! We should do that! It'll use up the muck we currently have growing in there. Way to be multi-tasking!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I doubt I will but I will keep looking. I have so many chores for myself.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Now for me to do it and see if it works.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-That SUCKS that the bugs got to everything. I have no clue how to get rid of the bugs other than bug spray. But don't ask me what to do cuz I still have no idea what I planted.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Hahaha, you can't handle the gutters.

Sonya Ann said...

Sheila-OH OH OH that one sounds awesome!!!! I'll tell Den. He will probably just roll his eyes but I'll still tell him.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I haven't done the gutter thing yet and thanks to sluggy's info I probably won't. But it might work on the actual gutters, LOL.

Frances said...

That looks excellent! I don't think we could eat that much lettuce before something got to it, but we could sure try.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I think I could eat that much alone. LOL