Monday, July 29, 2013

Grammy Sonya

Did you panic when you saw the title? I did when Anna let me know that I was a grandma. Well, sort of. She was kind enough to include a picture of my grandchild or should I say my grandcat.
Her and her friends were off on another adventure and it seems this cute little guy was in the middle of the road. I would like to think that he just wandered off from somewhere and that no one dumped him in the middle of the road. Anna said that he was in good shape just young. They are bottle feeding him.
I also learned that my dear daughter is willing to give away her first offspring. The new place that she is moving into doesn't allow pets. One of her friends has her own house and will be keeping him.
She also named my grandson-Sue. She likes Johnny Cash.
So Anna is a bad mom and chooses names like a famous person for her kid. Or maybe she is a great soul and I should be more proud of her today than yesterday. Please remind me of this the next time she pisses me off.
Grandma for a nanosecond,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

slugmama said...

Well I beat you to Grandma status by about a month, when my Daughter bought a dog.

Anna must be related to my mother's family. Her ancestors liked to name their kids after famous people. A maternal 2xGreat Grandfather is named Patrick Henry Baker. Another line has a Andrew Jackson Snead and the list goes on and on.
We don't have any boys named Sue....yet! lol

Val said...

lol! whew.
At least she didn't name it Osama or Hitler. That in itself, makes her a great "mom".
It'll be one tough kitty.
We thought my sister was only going to give my parents grand puppies or a grand-mini-pig. She finally had a couple of her own. human.

mama .bonnie said...

At least she didn't do what my brother did. He got 4 goats and their names are Tasty, Yummy, Morsel, and Delicious.
He wanted everyone to know what his plans for them are going to be ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Thank goodness its just fur babies and not the real thing!
Maybe her next fur baby she could name North West.

Sonya Ann said...

Val-I bet the kitty doesn't even care. But Hitler would be an awful name for any creature.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I so would have named one of my goats-Raw.

Judy S said...

Well that scared me just a little....

mama .bonnie said...

Raw? Oh my....my mind is having a hard time processing that name and the meaning behind it........

Sonya Ann said...

Judy S-Hahaha, sorry dear.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-As in a not cooked goat. You are bad.

Cheapchick said...

Thank goodness it was only a fur-baby! You raised a kid with a kind heart.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Thanks. I think if it was the real thing, I would be in jail. She owes me a degree before having kids!

Frances said...

Yeah, she needs to get the degree before making you a grandma.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Amen to that. But I'm pretty sure that she knows how we feel about that.