Thursday, July 11, 2013

Red Alert

Whenever I think of going to red alert, I think of Star Trek. It usually doesn't come to mind when I think of my van.
I imagine Captain Picard saying in a calm and sexy voice, "Red Alert" and then sitting down calmly in the captain's chair. On a side note if I were captain, I wouldn't be calm or sitting down in a crisis. I would be screaming orders and trying to do everyone's job. I would probably have to shove a few people out of their chairs. Because I would trust no one when it came to my life or my ship. I wouldn't be captain for long.

This is the bumper of my beloved van. What does this have to do with red alert, you ask yourself? Reading my blog is an adventure in ADHD, isn't it? Just wait I will get there.

This is a close up shot of my bumper and one of the sensors. Or the lack of a sensor.  My van has sensors for when you back up. It used to go beep, beep if you were too close to something. Did you know that if one of them pops out, the van goes ape shit and you get to listen to the red alert siren until you get out of reverse? Well, if you didn't know-now you do. Guess what I will be buying soon? Trust me, I will be buying it soon because this is flat out maddening!
Sorry, I don't know how this got in here. It is from my personal collection.
Just go back to looking at the captain,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

I give up commenting....blogger doesn't like me today.....
beep, beep, beep......

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I was having an issue or two with blogger before. Maybe its just going around.

Sonya Ann said...

Steve-So did you see the picture of Picard? Is that why you asked me to join your site or was it cuz you liked what you saw?

slugmama said...

I think "Steve" is trying to save you SA.
Go read his post today about drunkenness. As for getting into heaven, Steve says we are totally screwed Sonya Ann....
It's 1pm....might as well start drinking now. 8-)

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Maybe I don't want to read what he has to say. I doubt he could save me. Pass the bottle.

Frances said...

You know, I was never really a Picard fan....until I saw that pic. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Its his sexy voice that gets me. TMI?