Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Watermelon Tea

I found a way to use up all the leftover watermelon. We just can't eat the entire thing-ever.
I used the stick blender thingy to get all the watermelon chunks to liquid. Then I strained it. I like my drinks smooth-like my pick-up lines. (Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package. Yeah, baby.) Then I froze the juice in little cups so I can add it to my pitcher of tea whenever I want. You may want to cut back a smidge on the sugar though. My first pitcher of watermelon tea was a bit too sweet for me. DJ didn't mind though. And that is as exciting as it gets around here!
UPS Driver,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

D.Lynn said...

Great idea! Love the pickup line too - gonna hafta figure out something us gals can say smoothly though :)

mama .bonnie said...

Leftover watermelon!?!?!
Never in my house ;o)

slugmama said...

Obviously you are Not a Southern gal....we don't know from leftover watermelon....lol

But sounds like a good thing to sacrifice a watermelon for iced tea. Since it's for tea, I approve and you can make this when I come visit. 8-)

McVal said...

LOL! I feel a little slighted that my packages rarely get checked out... Sometimes delivered with holes in the sides and banged up...
Wait - what are we talking about?

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Hmmm, I think you are own your own. LOL
Maybe this...
It's a good thing that I have my library card. (Why?) Because I am totally checking you out!!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I think I'm doing it wrong because we have leftover watermelon every time we have it.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Nope not a Southern gal. But I'm glad that its ok that I keep making this tea. LOL and lets hope that I come up with something better than watermelon tea when you get here.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Your poor package.

Jill said...

Well that sounds interesting...never had watermelon tea I will have to give it a try :-) Have a great week!

ND Chic said...

Are you from Tennessee? Cause you're the only ten I see.

Sonya Ann said...

Jill-It is good and you know how I hate to waste anything.
Have a great week back. ;)

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Hahaha. You made me laugh. I don't know if that one would work though.

Frances said...

Yummy! But even though I am the only one that likes watermelon, we still never have any left over.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-There is something wrong with my family. We are the only people alive that never finish the watermelon.