Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Apocalyptic Santa

All I want to know is how Santa has the money to finance a war? How did he slip under our radar for so long?
I got a massive $25.35 from BP. They are paying me well or robbing me well, depending on how you want to look at it. We get 5% back on all gas purchases. I choose to look at the positive. The good thing is we don't carry a balance on any of our credit cards, they aren't making any money off of us that way.
Back to the boring.......................
$195.82  BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$75          Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$160       Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20    Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40     Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)

$552.42  for Christmas 2013. 

I do have $250 in points on my Bank of America credit card. I'm going to wait for a while to see if I can earn a bit more before I cash them in. And I found the gift card from Amazon that I lost. Star Savings keeps a copy of the card numbers in your account. See if I would just keep looking instead of complaining, I would get more done!
Off to bitch,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

Glad you found that money!

ND Chic said...

You gotta pay for gas somehow so you might as well get 5% back. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Me too. I should stop bitching and start looking more often.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Thank you! And we seem to go through quite a bit of gas. Yuck.

Hawaii Planner said...

I'm not going to have my normal Christmas fund this year (I normally use the overage from my last few paychecks, because I max out my 401K deductions earlier in the year), & we're going to have to buy flights to visit my family (gulp!), so I seriously need to get my buns in gear. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

McVal said...

You just really impress me... Our gas bill is eating us out of house and home it seems like... Otherwise I'd have a tidy sum saved up for Christmas. At least that's my excuse.

And I think your idea for Duke is BRILLIANT! It'll be easier to wash his fur that way too.

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I think you will do it. You don't seem to fail maybe just get held up for a day or two and then you tear it up. I have faith in you!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Get a BP card. Christmas problems solved!
You could make fur coats for your entire family for Christmas out of all of the pets that you have. Two problems solved at once!

Cheapchick said...

So glad you found the gc, a bit of bitching is always allowed, even generally recommended :)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yay we are on the same page!