Thursday, August 1, 2013

Christmas Rush

That is a naughty boy. It reminds me of the time that Den had his wisdom teeth out and it took four times the amount of anesthesia. He was gone. When we got in the truck, he said for me to tell the tooth fairy that he wanted a blow job and a new truck. DJ is getting his wisdom teeth out soon. I hope that he doesn't say something bad. Knowing him he will just complain and blame me for something. It's always an adventure here.
Anywho, back to the Christmas money. I got a massive $6 from Pinecone research. I know you are on the edge of your seat every time I talk about Christmas money. 
So this is the tally thus far.........................

$170.47  BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$75          Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$160       Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20    Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40     Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)

$527.07   for Christmas 2013. 

Too exciting for me or is it too sexy,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

AND I've still not save a dime towards Christmas....
WAIT!!! I took the oldest son shopping and bought him some new tools. Told him Merry Christmas so that counts right?

D.Lynn said...

Yes, I suppose it is about that time where I should start looking ahead~

Cheapchick said...

I think I am going to start buying stocking stuffers, we usually do 3 a kid and then candy (even though all the kids are big now). Much easier to shop now for them. I have been saving for Christmas and there is over $500 tucked away so far. There are four kids, two mothers and three nephews to buy for so we need to save a bunch more! Oh yeah, and taxes on plane tickets and a car rental.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I think that totally counts. Just remind him in his Christmas card.

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-Or you could use the 52 week challenge money for Christmas.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I think $500 is a great start. Honestly, anything that we have is a bonus. It is just such a hard time of the year and I thank myself over and over when I'm spending it or not stressing about money. Hell, I should save enough to get my nails done!

Lena said...

Have you started shopping yet? :) I have about half of what you have saved, and now it's frozen. So it's do or die for us this year :) Santa is very frugal this time around :) Good thing, my kids are still pretty small :)

A.Marie said...

Hello!!! Long Time, No Comment! ;)

Glad to see that you are still here and still blogging....I even checked to see if you were still doing Wicked Wednesday. haha. But, I know better....I did NOT click on your WW link. LOL.

Your Christmas Money Amount is impressive. I believe that I have about $100.00. But, I had surgery 4 weeks ago and when those bills come in I will be in the negative. Boo. I predict a very slim Christmas this year. Is It January 2nd yet?? ;)

slugmama said...

Oh, you know your Xmas talk is smexy to me....

I actually went out and bought xmas presents yesterday! A couple of stocking stuffers but hey, it counts right?
I've decided to use my rolled coins collected through the year toward Xmas this year. Plus cashing in my cc reward points for gift cards.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I think Christmas should be about the love and family time, not the stress and I'm sure that you will pull of the frugal Christmas of all times.
I have started shopping, I have a few gift cards. I'm very lucky the kids are older and they are happy with just that.

Sonya Ann said...

A.Marie-Welcome back. I have been keeping up on your progress through Facebook. I'm a creeper, I know!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I love that you used the word smexy. Yay, I have a new go to word.
I guess I'm doing all of this tracking so I don't stress at the holidays. But you know how I am so I guess that I will probably stress out and have more to write about.

Frances said...

Maybe you could just give Den a blowjob for Christmas. One gift down. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You really did make me laugh! But it ain't gunna happen.