Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Slight and Tortured Bounty

This was our latest quicky project. Ok fine, it was Den's latest quicky project. He built a bamboo lattice for the cucumbers. I said that it reminded me of something from a Vietnamese prison camp. Which seems a bit scary to me. I have scary food.
Yes, it really is cucumbers. The other odd thing that was growing in front of the cucumbers were weeds. I really don't have a clue.
It may look like a mess on the side of the garage but it isn't.
I DID IT! I have cherry tomatoes and cukes. Be jealous, y'all!
And this hateful mess is dill. It will be leaving soon. But before it has to go, I'm thinking I will use my cucumber, some dill and my tomatoes and make a salad. Mind you, I will have enough for three bites but hey, I still did it!
Off to stare at my green thumb,
Sonya Ann




16 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

Three bites might be all you need with all that dill ;)

D.Lynn said...

I love the feeling of going out and picking vege's from the garden and enjoying them! It really is like nothing else so celebrate the victory - no matter how small or how many bites...It's not about size remember? ;)

Cheapchick said...

Those cherry tomatoes look awesome, mine are all sun burnt and bug eaten. You might even have to grow more next year!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-No kidding!

Sonya Ann said...

D.Lynn-I don't want to argue but size matters.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm out of space on the side of the garage. I'm not sure I'm willing to expand out behind the pool. I think I would need some help and the boys aren't that keen on yard work.

McVal said...

I am so jealous! I have grown nothing but weeds in my garden... And then Meri planted her cat there on Sunday... So I won't be touching that thing until next summer.

ND Chic said...

It looks yummy! I love growing veggies and herbs.

slugmama said...

Color me jealous. I can't grow a cherry tomato to save my life!

Donna Freedman said...

We have a couple of ripening tomatoes in our teeny-tiny greenhouse. But I haven't been able to eat anything with seeds, including tomatoes, for the past week because I am having a colonoscopy this afternoon. (Yay!)
When I awaken from my Versed-enhanced slumber this evening, DF will pick and slice those tomatoes for us to enjoy together. And then I want him to pick some raspberries for me to smash into my yogurt. I might even eat some sunflower seeds because I *can*. Small things please small minds...

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I'm not sure what will grow when you plant a cat.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-I'm a little proud. I can't help it, I normally only grow weeds.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Half kill them with plant food, that's the key.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna-Keep me posted how it all turns out in the end.

Frances said...

I'm proud of your little garden!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I AM TOO!!!!!