Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Christmas Question

I'm still behind on my Christmas stash. Ahhhh well, there are worse things in this world.
The good news is Den won $125 at a golf tournament. He handed the money over without question. Bless him and his straight swing.
So here is the tally................

$221.05   BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$84          Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$160        Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20     Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40       Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)
$125        Golf $$$$$$ Den won

$706.65  for Christmas 2013.

Now for a short story and the question. I'm a Swagbucks lover. I have been holding my points for sometime. I decided this year instead of sending some of the family members actual gifts, I was just going to include a Restaurant.com gift card in their Christmas cards and be done with it. I really am working towards making the holidays less stressful. Round of applause for me. 
A $25 restaurant.com gift card usually goes for $10 but you can get a $25 restaurant.com e-card(I will just print it out) for 400 points. I figure that I will need about 15ish gift cards/e-cards. I have 4 on the way. Now for the question(bet you thought that I would never get to it!), I think this should count as money on my little tally up above but I have no idea how to come to a fair price. It isn't a real gift card. It's more of a discount code really. But it is subtracting something from my gift list. Any ideas because I know you have nothing better to do than ponder this stupid question! 
Little shit,
Sonya Ann

4 comments:

McVal said...

good job woman!!! Someday I'll slow down and check those out someday.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-With your schedule, I don't know how you make time to pee.

Frances said...

I never count something I got for free as money when adding up Christmas spending. For example, Hubby gets gift card I cash out some CC points for. I did not spend extra money to get the points, so I consider it free money.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm not going to count those but I am going to count the free actual gift cards. Christmas is so confusing!