Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day

Have a great Labor Day! Hope you are chillin' and grillin'!
Den had to pull the motor on DJ's car so hopefully that will be completed by the end of the day. We have had to do a brake job on my van. Den's car just got front tires and a brake job. And now DJ's car is having the motor torn apart because of a blown head gasket. And I know that you are going to say, "You are so lucky Dennis can fix all of this." And you would be right except that he only did a head gasket once many, many, many years ago and did it with a mechanic. I ordered a Chilton's book and we both have said a prayer or two. I'll keep you posted on how the "moment of poof" goes. That is what Den calls it when he checks to see if what he fixed actually works.Oh yeah and DJ's car also needs a new AC compressor. Not that he needs AC but the pulley is screwed up and the car has a serpentine belt. Translated to girl speak-it won't go without that one part. Translated into Sonya speak-Shit there goes more money! I'm grateful that we have always saved for car repairs but I have blown through every penny. And don't say get rid of DJ's car, it is only $250ish to buy the parts for the head gasket and probably $200 for the AC compressor. It is still cheaper to fix that car than it is to buy another beater. Not that you were really going to say get rid of it. I'm just trying to convince you that it's still a good car. LOVE IT!
Oh yeah and we had to pay for DJ's teeth, I know I told you about it before but I'm still mad and broke. I mean it's not as if we don't pay thousands and thousands for our insurance. Now read it again with all the sarcasm you can muster. So what are they going to exclude from coverage next? Hmmmmmm, my guess would be anesthesia(some exclude that, I learn something new every day!).
I did tell DJ as he was going under that he was actually there for a sex change operation. The nurse said that he was going to be pretty and the Dr. called him Denise. So, I sort of got my moneys worth out of that.
And the power went out for almost 24 hours and we had to buy a generator. Yes, we HAD to buy it because the bags of ice weren't cutting it anymore and it was getting to the point where we were worried that we were going to lose all of the meat in the freeze. It would have been more than $200 to replace the food lost. Just peachy.
Oh and Den needed tools and broke a few things on DJ's car. Ok, I'll stop here. I want to cry.
See and you thought you were going to stop by for a visit and not get a rant. Maybe my nerves are just shot because of the moment of poof.
Not chillin' and grillin' just broke,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

OH MY!! You're not bleeding money you are gushing it!!!!!
Gives new meaning to when it rains it pours!!!!!
Thank goodness you saved for a rainy day!!!!
Ok done with the puns, will stop now......
You go shake that money tree ;o)

slugmama said...

The workman is here to fix my poor falling down house and I am envisioning dollar bills flying out my windows so I can so relate.
The money needs to be spent but still......

Go have another drink and don't think about the $. If anyone asks tell em I said it was ok.

Cheapchick said...

It never hurts to have a generator and now in the future you have one lol. That is some run of nasty money business. Go have a cocktail, you need it girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

does this mean the vegas trip is kapoot? we just spent a little under $3000. on 1 our of cars. also, check your home insurance to see if they cover spoiled food when a power outage occurs.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Thank you, I needed the laugh. I'm kind of a mess today. Even Den is at the end of his rope. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-We both hate to part with a dollar but sometimes it has to be done. Gulp, gulp, slam-alcohol that is.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-We have said that we needed one for years. We usually get one bad storm a year but the power usually is back on in a few hours. This time it was the next day.
It has been a hateful run of money spent. I'm thankful that we are savers, I really am but we wiped out a lot of our cushion.

Sonya Ann said...

Anonymous-It is in question. We have the tickets but.......
I'm just going to have to knuckle down a bit more. I'm sure that DJ will just love that. LOL.
And I completely feel your pain about the $3000 spent on car repairs. You should have a drink with me. ;)
Our deductible is $500 on our home owners insurance. That's why it is probably the smart thing to have the generator. This shouldn't happen in the future.

Frances said...

I would have really fought the insurance company on not paying for the wisdom teeth. I love to fight with insurance companies.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm going to let you handle me problems!!! Go get'em Frances.
They just decided not to cover certain things anymore. Must be nice, maybe I will not give them as much money cuz I don't feel like it.