Thursday, September 19, 2013

Proof I'm the Mean Mom

I'm so lucky to have my best friend Donna. She and I are almost the same person. Except, she is nicer than I am and she has an adorable English accent. Donna and her family came here when our sons were in 3rd grade. DJ was the first friend that her son made. They haven't been able to get rid of us since!
Our sons are in a lot of the same classes. I'm proud of them both. The school sends out emails on upcoming tests and just about everything else that is going on. Donna makes sure to keep me informed because sometimes I miss a thing or two. She is adorable.
Anywho, we had the EXACT same conversation with out sons just a few days apart. LOL!!!!! She was ragging on encouraging her son to study for an upcoming test. His response was he couldn't wait to go away to college to get away from the nagging. He planned to go as far away as possible. Donna suggested that he go to the university of Alaska.
I, also, yelled encouraged DJ to study. His response was the same-he couldn't wait to leave for college to get away from me and he was going as far as possible. I suggested Iraq.
The mean one,
Sonya Ann
 

14 comments:

slugmama said...

Maybe we can get a deal on flights if I send Noah to Iraq w/DJ?

All I can say is the school year almost over yet??lol

Jennifer said...

I feel so much better than I am not the only one and my son is not the only one. I have to tell myself to breathe deep, but then I pass out! Only 3 more to go after him.

mama .bonnie said...

Been to Alaska, it's beautiful at first glance but BUTT COLD!! AND all that snow doesn't stay white for long either which makes the snow ugly. Oh and it's not uncommon for the 'natives' to have guns in their cars and shoot at the road signs as they pass them. OH and moose have a tendency to hump cars. OH and there are signs in the gift shops not to eat the moose poop. Yea, Alaska not that much better than Iraq ;o)

Frances said...

You just think you are the mean mom.

I was the meanest. Chance once told me the drill sargeants in boot camp had nothing on me. LOL!

Judy S said...

Wait if you guys are packing up kids can I send my middle one please..I mean I know she's a girl but please

McVal said...

lol! When my son was in highschool, Robb and I always fought over who was going to have to go to college with him and make sure he got his homework done. Whoever lost would have to go and stand behind him with a gift rap roll waiting to smack him if his attention strayed from his work.
It's probably a good thing he didn't go to college.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I know I am s ready to be done. I love the boy but it is time for him to go!

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-It's like we are never supposed to say they are getting on our last nerve.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-So you are saying that we ship the lovely boys somewhere other than Iraq and Alaska?
And I had no idea that cars were a sexual thing in Alaska? I learn something new every day.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You set the bar sooooooo high!!!!!!! I'm proud of you.

Sonya Ann said...

Judy S-we should charter a plane!!!!! Girls or boys even husbands and EXs!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Why are kids so difficult??? GRRRRR, just do what I say and life will be easier.

Donna Freedman said...

So he'd be between Iraq and a hard case?
(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
And tell the other Donna that folks who attend the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) sometimes refer to it as "the University of Average Achievement." Some day I'll sing you the UAA fight song that DF wrote. (Hint: It's sarcastic.)

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-Maybe I will just send the boy to live with you. I think you need a challenge now that you have so much time on your hands!!!!
We have CLC-college of Lake county or college of last chance. We aren't good enough for a fight song.