Monday, October 14, 2013

Naughty Christmas Thoughts

I hit the Mother Load! I cashed in all of my points at Bank of America. Yay Me! I got $275!!! And just a reminder, we don't carry a balance on any of our credit cards. We run every bill that we can through our credit cards but pay it off on every Friday.
So there is the new total.....................
$275        Bank of America 
$241.25   BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$87          Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$160        Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20     Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40       Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)
$125        Golf $$$$$$ Den won
$10           My Points($10 Bass Pro gift card)
$1019.85  for Christmas 2013

I know that I'm probably not going to hit the $1500 mark that I needed last year. I'm already trying to scale back because I really don't want Christmas to cost us any of our cash. I ordered 25 $25 restaurant.com gift cards. I spent a total of $150 on them so that will knock out a big chunk of the gifts that we give. I'm going to send them out with the Christmas cards so I don't have to worry about delivering/postage. It's a win-win. 
Den and I talked about it and he said that he was fine with scaling back. We will see if he still feels the same way when Christmas rolls around. He's a spender. I think I have said this before. 
Just over 2 months until Christmas-feel free to smack me,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

I"m going on an over-night bus trip in a few weeks and that's when I'm hoping to get a lot of my shopping done. Or at least I can dream that I can get a lot of my shopping done.....

Anonymous said...

25 $25 gift cards - who in the heck are you gift giving to at xmas time? if you'll send me your xmas list, i'll go through it line by line, delete the pork, and save you a ton of money. close family members, close family friends, close worker friend (maybe) - that's it - period. okay, maybe the postman/woman and the person who delivers the paper! let me save you money.

slugmama said...

Ok, consider yourself smacked for that last 2 months til Xmas crack.....lolz

ND Chic said...

Very nice!!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I'll dream with you, maybe you can get it all done and not have to think about it again. What a wonderful dream!

Sonya Ann said...

Anonymous-I agree we have way too many people on our list. Den's parents both have very large families and Den is a boss a work so he likes to give a little something to all of the people that he works with. It has gotten out of control and I can't seem to cut anyone off of the list. I started trying to raise free money like this since I don't have the backbone to cut anyone. I think I need to save for therapy.LOL

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Was it my bottom?

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Thank you much!!!

Cheapchick said...

Hubby is a spender at Christmas too although this year I have saved for it so other than a night hotel and a few meals out (as we are in Alberta not at home for Christmas then at my Mother-in-laws for a few days) it should cost relatively the same as last year which was already scaled down. Well done! We have exactly the same idea with credit cards. Never pay a cent in interest. We use ours for airline points though. Cheers!

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, I am so proud of you! I remember the first year you showed us your list and told us how much you spent. I think you have come a long way, baby!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I think I would cry if I had to pay interest. LOL.
I feel even if I spend $2000 on Christmas as long as it is free money, it doesn't count. Some don't see it the same way though.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are my best cheerleader! I think this is the best way for us to handle Christmas since I can't cut back the list. I think that money management skills evolve, at least with me, that is how it has been.