Thursday, October 17, 2013

The End Is Near

I'm dragging in all of the pots with dead plants in them. Yuck. As you can see, I don't have much to write about so you get dead plants. Lucky you.
I've got a little bit of basil, green onion, oregano, and parsley. Oh yeah, and some dill. Can't forget the dill! Oh wait and chives. It's pretty slim pickins and we are flirting with freezing temperatures so I won't have them for much longer. Sigh.
I found 3 boxes of wild flowers under the kitchen sink. And I planted them after we cut down the nasty peonies. I always hated having an empty flower bed in the front yard.
And because neither of us have anything better to do, here is another view of the flower bed with the wild flowers.
Not too bad for $3 for 3 boxes of seeds. I will definitely plant them next year.
Goodbye, my pretties.
This pot by the front door looks as if it is going to let itself in soon. I don't blame it really, its cold out.
Are you pulling/putting away all of your plants?
Pulling out the sweaters,
Sonya Ann






12 comments:

McVal said...

Eh... I'll let the plants die and when I finally get a chance, pull out the trusty hedge trimmer and cut down my herb garden and landscaping. It ain't going to be today sister!
Maybe before the snow flies. and before I get the Christmas lights out.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I'm in such a blah state that it may get done or it may not. I figure all of the snow will cover it. LOL

mama .bonnie said...

When I had the room, I would put my potted plants, plants and all in the garage and/or basement for the winter. I would water them every few weeks and then put them back out in the spring. I had some HUGE geraniums that way. But now there's no room for the pots, hence they were emptied and stored. Though with your herbs, you can take up a small (or large) section of them and replant it in a pot and keep it indoors during the winter. That way you have fresh herbs all winter long. Of course you'll need somewhere to keep them.......

slugmama said...

My front flowers are going gangbusters still because they get the morning sun and sun most of the day.
The morning glories in the back are hanging on barely. By the time we get back from OC everything will be toast I am afraid. I am hoping at least it's not all buried under SNOW at the point....which is was one year we came back. lol
Late Fall in the garden is so sad and depressing.....

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I love your thinking. I may bring in the green onions. I didn't know that you could store actual plants. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if Den would mind parking outside all winter?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-My morning glories are a sad sight. They didn't bloom much but I'm hoping that they will come back next year.
This time of year is just depressing! BLECK

Jane said...

Its cold here today too; just turned on the furnace last night - so more $$$ flying out of my account. AND I'll now have to drive instead of ride my bike to work - yup, more $$$ for somebody else instead of me! And the redecorating?? Gotta do it to sell but taking hard earned savings to pretty up the place for someone else really hurts! Ah well...
i sure have missed you and your wacky sense of humour Sonya Ann!!

Frances said...

It doesn't get cold enough here to kill plants, well almost never. So our garden is green all year long. Too bad it's not a food garden.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-You must be tougher than we are because we have had the heat on for sometime now. And it seems like very one has had a rough year. We have "lost" quite a bit of money too.
And I think that you are the only one that gets my humor sometimes. Or even tried to get it. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Ok now you are just bragging.

Donna said...

I tried to use the phrase "peonies envy" in a newspaper article. The editor took it out, but Molly Ivins shook my hand and congratulated me on having tried.
True story.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna-You win! That is an AWESOME story.