Monday, November 25, 2013

Mott Moonshine

Den is crazy. He looks up recipes and then concocts a plan. I don't roll like that. I think-well shit, I have to feed everyone again.
This time he decided to cook moonshine. Apple pie moonshine to be clear. I'm not a moonshine sort of girl. I'm more of a boone's kind of gal. I reek class.
Here is the recipe that Den started with and then he tweaked it. He added a pinch of allspice, a splash of vanilla and threw in an orange peel while it was boiling. He just can't leave well enough alone.
He also wanted me to tell you to be careful not to get the everclear around an open flame. You have been warned.
We figured that it cost about $25 to make the entire batch. We had quite a bit of what was needed so it was hard to get an exact number. But it does break down to $.18 a shot.
We are going to test it on everyone at Thanksgiving and see what they think. Den wants to give this to a couple of friends for Christmas. I think that he should make amaretto. He is also talking to someone about learning to brewing beer. We are going to need to get an alcohol license soon.
This is a bit strong for my tastes but that being said, it has an amazing taste and really does taste like apple pie. This could be very dangerous. Maybe I shouldn't serve this at Thanksgiving.
Rum moonshine runner,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Man, I wish my hubby would take up homemade moonshine making! It looks tasty

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-It's strong but it has a great aftertaste.

slugmama said...

Well after Hubs made the comment numerous times this past weekend about making his own hooch(he was referring to beer tho), I have decided to buy Hubs a DYI still kit.
Now to find a local source for flaked maize and we will be in business.
Except I have to wait for Hubs to "build" the still.....oh well, that will never happen.

I guess I'll just come see you when I get thirsty, ok?

McVal said...

lol! Don't let anyone light a cigarette up around your house this year!

Um gee Billy, I'm sorry your mom blew up!

MiserlyMac said...

I have to say it looks delicious!

mama .bonnie said...

Guessing I'm not that cheap in that I buy mine in the store. Though I DON'T like moonshine......Nevermind........

Jane said...

I AM A Moonshine girl :) That stuff ain't moonshine - it's a fine liquer compared to the stuff I drink when I'm out east. That stuff can peel the paint off a wall! Michael pukes but I seem to have a cast iron stomach.

Frances said...

OMG! Mix that stuff up with vanilla ice cream. It sounds like it would be SO good.

My sister used to make homemade wine. Pretty tasty.

Hint: Amaretto and ice cream is AMAZING. It is called an Amaretto Freeze and I used to be addicted. I want one now.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Just bring the man to the bar and leave it at that. Den found a beer kit at a garage sale for $5. I thought that he was going to kiss the guy.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-With all the craziness that happens around here, no one that visits my blog would be surprised if we blew the house up.

Sonya Ann said...

MiserlyMac-It was VERY strong but not too bad. I only complained a little.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-My MIL has a cousin that makes actual moonshine. It's like drinking fire!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-You would do great in the deep south. I have tried actual moonshine and it will make your innards melt! Micheal has it right to puke. Choose life, man.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You really are a genius. It's like MENSA for alcoholics.