Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Santa's Hunting

Santa with guns is more likely to get me in the Christmas spirit. It would make Black Friday shopping much easier. Did you know that we have had shootings and stabbings on Black Friday by us? And now you know why I shop on-line.
Now that I have ruined your Christmas spirit, on to the money! I got $6 from Pinecone. It looks as if I will be dipping into our own money very quickly to buy presents. I have the majority of our shopping done and I know what I am getting for the rest. I'm just holding off hoping to get more "free" money. Sigh. I don't see anymore coming in. But I did get a letter from our insurance company that they paid the entire bill for DJ's wisdom teeth not the few hundred that they said they would. I have no idea why. But it is all screwed up at the oral surgeon's office. They can't release the funds until the matter is settled. And I doubt that the dental insurance company, the health insurance or the oral surgeon's office will be in a hurry to get my money back quickly. But it is still nice knowing that there is $711 floating around just waiting to jump in my pocket. Anyways, here are the numbers..................................................
$275        Bank of America 
$267.84   BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$102          Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$160        Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20     Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40       Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)
$125        Golf $$$$$$ Den won
$10           My Points($10 Bass Pro gift card)
$10           My Points($10 Old Navy gift card)
$1071.44  for Christmas 2013
If I get the insurance refund back in time, should I count it towards the Christmas total? I mean it really is free money because I shouldn't have gotten it back. But I still want to show that everyone can have a free Christmas or super cheap Christmas by saving like this and would this be cheating because not everyone would be able to get an insurance refund? But others might be able to save money in ways that I couldn't. Or should I shut up and do what I want because it's my blog and my choice?
Indecisive,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

slugmama said...

I'd use whatever serendipitous money I could in my Santa Fund. Like you said, someone else might find other ways to get free money that you don't....plus it IS your blog so you are the boss of it.

It's all good!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I over think and worry too much. I bet you have figured that our by now.

Cheapchick said...

Absolutely any way to make Christmas easier is always sweet - freebies count/returned money/found money. Its all good!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Prostitution?

Jane said...

I'd say shut up and quit while you're ahead. Except that I'm not that impolite. Trip to Vegas? Car repairs? (ho ho ho) or a shopping spree for you (and don't tell anyone else about the floating $711?) I have lots more ideas if you need them :)

MiserlyMac said...

Your the boss girl! Do what you think is best!

Jenny Woolf said...

Black Friday always sounds so creepy and sinister, as if there's going to be some BAAAD times before Christmas! But I think it's to do with shopping, right?

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'm so glad that you are polite.
I'm thinking shopping for me sounds like the right choice. Maybe a drink? I like your ideas better than mine.

Sonya Ann said...

MiserlyMac-Drink.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-It is a bit sinister and somewhat violent. All the stores have HUGE sales the day after Thanksgiving to help you get shot, errrr get the most for your money.

McVal said...

I'm usually too busy with our family reunion on Black Friday to even think about shopping! Usually I'm broke too...
So it's actually Red Friday for me.

Frances said...

Ha Ha, my only Black Friday shopping will be at CVS and Walgreens if they have anything I can get for cheap or free. They are usually pretty empty that day.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-We are pretty broke here. But I think spending time with family is better than shopping anyways. Wait, you haven't met my family-shopping might be better.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-CVS is having there deals this week. Run honey, run!
I just got back. I spent $24 and got $19 back in bucks. Its all stuff we will use too. And Anna always needs stuff when she comes home.