Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crazy and Naked Santa

Woo Hoo people, we are are in the home stretch!!!! I feel a little crazy like that Santa. I won't get naked. You are so welcome for that one. And I won't be getting a "I heart xmas" tattoo either. Again, you are welcome.
I got an exciting $31.66 from BP and $9 from Pinecone Research. So this puts us at......
$275        Bank of America 
$299.50   BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$114         Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$200        Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20     Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40       Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)
$125        Golf $$$$$$ Den won
$10           My Points($10 Bass Pro gift card)
$10           My Points($10 Old Navy gift card)
$20           Alcohol Rebate(Thanks sluggy!)
$1175.10  for Christmas 2013 
That is a lot of money. It really is. I guess that it is safe to say that credit card rewards are the way to go for saving money for Christmas presents. 
Everything combined, it equals almost $100 a month saved for FREE. Now let's just hope that I can stretch it to get all of the presents. It will be close. 
I'll be merry when its over,
Sonya Ann



14 comments:

slugmama said...

naked=crazy in my book.

Santa is freakin' me out! lolz

Remember, NO drinking until ALL the gifts are under the tree....

Now the thought of a stone-cold sober Sonya is freaking' me out too. ;-)

mama .bonnie said...

That's a great job!
I'm still sitting here with no gifts bought.........

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I don't want to be sober either. LOL this Christmas crap is for the birds. And the gifts, cookies, tree ain't happening unless there is a cocktail hour!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-You will probably get much better deals than I did because of waiting. I have faith in you and your shopping skills.

Cheapchick said...

Well done, I still have some buying to do. Resorted to online shopping for some of it this year. This month is going to be way more expensive than anticipated with moving my Mom and going to my Mother-in-laws. Oh well, you only live once!

Lena said...

Nice job on your savings!! I'm almost done with our Christmas shopping, just need a few small things. Feels so nice!!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm down to the last few things. One more thing for Anna and a couple stocking stuffers.
This month always manages to be more expensive than anticipated. Just roll with it.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-YOu will probably hear me screaming when I finish. I have a few stocking stuffers that I can get from CVS for free. I tried to keep spending down and I sort of succeeded.

Jane said...

And just for the record - I'm not putting my lips anywhere Santa's mistletoe!!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I thought it was a bunch of grapes. I guess I didn't peer at his personal bits as long as you did.

lifeisfullofsunnydays said...

Wow that's a lot of savings. Great job. I might steal some of your techniques for next year.

Frances said...

I love Santa, but that one creeps me out.

I think we have Christmas under control. The tree is up and a pile of gifts under it. I have to make some cherry jam, I think I will do that tomorrow. Then a little baking next weekend.

We have been busy shopping for Chance's apartment. He will be moving next week and with the donated furniture we have accumulated, I think he will be well set.

Sonya Ann said...

lifeisfullofsunnydays-Steal away!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOM!!!! Yes, I was yelling that. I am so glad that things are on the upswing for Chance. And it is because of you.
I think I can wrap up Christmas 2013. Haha wrap up. Only I think I'm funny.