Thursday, December 26, 2013

Down with the Bloody Big Head

Yes, down with bloody big head. No, I mean down with the tree. Actually, it was "off with the bloody big head" but what's the diff?
Today is the day that all the Christmas decorations come down or so I hope. It is a bit sad though. We only managed to have the tree up for 11 days. I need to get organized a bit better next year, or not. I seem to handle the holidays better when I don't stress. And it is quite apparent that if I don't stress, things don't get done in a timely manner.
Today is also known as "find a place for your new crap" day. I'm sure that it is the same in your house. It isn't as bad as it used to be though. It seemed like a never ending chore to store all of the kid's toys. Glad those days are gone along with the "wipe my butt" stage.
Do you get your house back in order right away or do you wait a few more days?
Heading to the crawl space,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

I always leave my tree up until New Years Day but this year it will be staying up even longer due to the granddaughter won't be here until the 5th. I'll take it down the week end after that, hopefully. Or it might have to wait until spring break..........

slugmama said...

The target for decluttering the Xmas d├ęcor is Jan. 1. Merely the "target" date tho since it's mostly left up to me(except the stashing away of the tree), so the date is fluid depending on when I want to take this chore on. Since there is nothing else basically in the living room(still no furniture except 1 OLD chair)I am in no hurry.

My new stuff takes up very little space this year as I didn't get much, but then again, I am NOT complaining about that, since it means I didn't get all that useless crap I usually receive. Yes, Hubs and family are not too good about hitting a bull's eye in the gifting department....but don't tell them I said that. I am one crazy hard to buy for bitch! 8-)

ND Chic said...

I'm feeling a lazy day relaxing at home with my family. I'll worry about cleaning and putting away later.

Frances said...

Usually our tree is up until New Year's Day. That is the day I take it down and pack all the crap...errr decorations...away. Yesterday Hubby asked if we would be taking the tree down this weekend. What! He is usually the one that wants it to stay up longer. So, it may come down this weekend. Our new stuff mostly has new homes already.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I couldn't stand it much past the 26th. I just want my house back to normal.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-The rate that you are getting rid of everything you should be in an empty house by mid-July. Sounds like Heaven to me.
We normally just give gift cards to each other, that is so much better than actual gifts. But that's just my opinion, some people are haters when it comes to gift cards.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-You deserve a few WEEKS off!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Maybe you can convince Hubs to take it down. I always make Den drag the tree to the road. Its good for him.