Monday, December 16, 2013

Found Christmas Spirit

Yes, you read that right. I think I finally found the Christmas spirit. And the Klingons brought it to me. Yes, Klingons.
The Raven Theatre in Chicago is putting on Klingon Christmas Carol. I'm not joking either, I'm really excited. The problem is it is ALL in Klingon. ALL! I think that I would have a hard time following it. But I want to go anyways. I know that the kids would love it. Den was the one that heard about it on the radio. He was SUPER EXCITED when he told me about it. And now I know that we are really dorks.
I just wish that I had sent out Klingon Christmas cards. I love how it says, "Peace on Earth, Conditions Permitting." And I love how there are batleth on the outside!
Nothing would say Christmas like one of these babies under the tree. Think Den will get me one?
Dreaming of a Klingon Christmas,
Sonya Ann



8 comments:

slugmama said...

I don't know if Den would spring for a bat'leth, but I think a mek'leth in your purse would be badass.

Yes my dear, you have proved your dorkiness.....

And just take a Klingon translator/interpreter to the show, problem solved! lolz

mama .bonnie said...

This made me smile. If you go to the show, take pictures. That would be a great post!

Frances said...

Rats! I knew I should have learned to speak Klingon. I think there must be a course available.

Not really a big Klingon fan, but as a long time Trekkie (yes, that is what we called ourselves long ago in a faraway land.) I totally understand your excitement.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm still pulling for the batleth.
I'm not ashamed of being a dork. I wear it proudly!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-I would love to go to the show but I'm not to sure about the neighborhood. I would need a Klingon to walk us to the car for protection.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I have heard that there is a college that offers classes to learn Klingon. Don't know how that would help you in the real world but hell, I'm in.

McVal said...

I've got to find me some of those cards!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-They are awesome but then again I'm a dork.