Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More Gifts for Me?

I would literally have everything is being naughty got you more gifts. EVERYTHING!
Did you ever notice how quickly money spends? And it seems to go even faster when it is Christmas time and your broke. Ok I'll stop complaining. No probably not.
Our dear and crazy Sluggy sent me $20 so I added it to the Christmas fund. She had a $20 alcohol rebate that she thought she couldn't request from her state. But then she found out she could but had already said I could have it. She then felt that it wasn't hers to keep cuz she promised it to me. So she sent for it and then sent me a check. I would have done the exact same thing. We are cousins-we think alike. And since it wasn't money out of her pocket-well I kept it. And that I am desperate to fund the Christmas fund. Thanks cousin!
I also got $40 for the fund from buying Jewel gift cards. If you bought $100 in gift cards, you got a $20 catalina. I used the catalinas to buy groceries and then paid myself back.
I also received $3 from Pinecone research.
This is what I have-well sort of, I have been shopping. So this is what I had.LOL
$275        Bank of America 
$267.84   BP
$5            free check from magazines.com
$105         Pinecone research(surveys)
$75          Energy Plus(electricity rebate)
$200        Jewel(bonus for buying gift cards)
$13.20     Bank of America Add it up(Like Mr.Rebates/My Points)
$15          AutoZone rebate/visa card
$5            Amazon E-card from Recycle Bank
$8.40       Star Savings(Like My Points/Mr. Rebates)
$125        Golf $$$$$$ Den won
$10           My Points($10 Bass Pro gift card)
$10           My Points($10 Old Navy gift card)
$20           Alcohol Rebate(Thanks sluggy!)
$1134.44  for Christmas 2013 
All I need is another 3 months and I will have all the money that I need for Christmas. Let's just pretend that being naughty will earn me more gifts and more time. 
Still even if I don't get all the money that I need, this is pretty good and I shouldn't complain. Knowing me I will complain, so tell me to shut up! Ohhhh, will you pull my hair when you say it. 
Still crazy and complaining,
Sonya Ann

24 comments:

ND Chic said...

Being naughty could earn you some money but I'm not sure if Den would agree to it. Lol!

ND Chic said...

Being naughty could make you some money but I'm not sure if Den would agree to it. LOL!

ND Chic said...

That was so funny in my mind I had to say it twice.

mama .bonnie said...

Still haven't bought or saved for ONE gift yet.....
The sons have been giving me their lists and I just shake my head. Maybe this year I'll give them an I.O.U. ;o)

slugmama said...

All Christmas List hope is Not lost.
There is always IOUs and then joining the Witness Protection Program so none of them can track you down.
Being so close to Chi-town, you HAVE TO know somebody you can rat out, right?? ;-)

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-How about Den could be naughty and I could collect the money? Even though I'm not sure who would pay for him.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Blogger likes my comments twice too.

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic-Bahahahahaha!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Just go get gift cards and be done with it. That's what I did.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You don't do well in these parts if you rat someone out. Trust me, even school age kids won't talk. LOL
I better finish off shopping. I normally don't stall but I'm hoping for more money. I don't know from where but I'm still naively hoping.

McVal said...

Sluggy is your cousin??! And if the naughty thing DOES work, then you've got tons of presents on their way!
Good luck!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-We are like 7th or 8th cousins. How crazy is that!!!!
I'm not kidding-I would have everything if bad equaled presents.

Jenny Woolf said...

You are doing amazing stuff there with these (legal) ways of getting free money, although yes, there ARE other ways ... :D

Our whole family and half our friends have started doing focus groups. They're really fun. You get paid money for sitting and giving your opinions. When I think I have been doing it all these years for free...!

Jane said...

I still can't get over the fact that you and Sluggy are cousins!!! Freaks me out!

slugmama said...

It's 9th cousins just to set the record straight.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny-That sounds like fun, the focus groups. Knowing my family we would all start arguing and they wouldn't invite us back.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I think that we were both a bit shocked.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Thank you.

Hawaii Planner said...

I was so proud that i've stayed in budget, and was mentally congratulating myself. Until I remembered that I bought plane tickets with the original $1,200 budget & had to come up with another $1,200 for the gifts. Ah, well, the cost of moving away from "home" for the holidays.

I haven't managed to save much with gift cards, etc. I bought a few gifts with a Crate & Barrel gift card I got from my old employer, & I have a bunch of Rite Aid rewards to use up. Maybe my husband would like a gift from Rite Aid this year? ;-)

Frances said...

I think we all want in on this cousin thing if Sluggy is sending money to her cousins.

Maybe you could get Den to pay you to be naughty. He could take it out of his entertainment budget.

Frances said...

Oh, and thanks for the Christmas card!!

Sonya Ann said...

Hawaii Planner-I think your hubs would love a few rewards from rite-aid. They might even have tampons on sale that week. ;p
I thought I had our bills figured for the month and then it all went to hell between the cars, the cat and Christmas. Ugh.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I doubt that he would pay for it after all of these years. Sad but true.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are so welcome.