Thursday, January 23, 2014

An Obvious Question


I wasn't always this bad. I really wasn't. I think my children had a pretty good childhood. I limited the tv, was insistent they got good grades, and kept them safe. At times, DJ calls me the Tiger Mother. Bless the smart ass.
But they really did have a wholesome upbringing. Until they hit about high school and then it all went downhill. I figured if they had gone through public high school, Den and I could let loose a bit and go back to our true forms. We are fun and mischievous people and the kids were really holding us back.  I think that every parent should give their kid a ration of shit when they are old enough. Hence this Facebook conversation with Anna.
Anna posted this, "To the man with an unhealthy amount of hickies on your neck, I just made friends with random strangers because we all shared horrified faces, deep concern, and subsequently a lot of laughter at your expense. Thank you for opting to not wear a scarf today and making us all feel hella classy."
I, of course, had to ask the obvious question on Facebook, "was it dad?"
She did not find this funny. In fact, she says that its quite terrifying to deal with me. 
Just a slight query,
Sonya Ann 

16 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

Truth be known, kids think their parents are asexual and that there was more than one immaculate conception. I mean think about, did your parents ever had sex? Hence nope to hickeys because it doesn't fit the asexual mold ;o)

slugmama said...

Your kids are way too old to emotionally scar anymore so don't hold back baby!!

OTOH, you are sort of terrifying to deal with since no one EVER knows what will come out of your mouth.
But that's ok cuz I like terror.... ;-)

Jenny Woolf said...

So was it her dad?

j said...

I have been scaring mine for years. Did I ever tell you the one where I sent the um..picture of myself to my daughter who I was also talking to instead of my husband..good times...she still hasn't recovered and its been 4 years at least. Or the time I picked them up at school in my pj's because I thought I wouldn't have to get out of the car...or the BOA incident...lets not forget the sled ride....see your kids will be fine. Mine well I am hoping they put me in a good home

Practical Parsimony said...

That is soooo funny.

Frances said...

I held back a lot until my kids were grow. Now they are fascinated that I have a somewhat lurid past. LOL! If only they knew......

See, you are not the only one.

McVal said...

LOL!!!

Jane said...

Legitimate question IMHO! Knowing you as I do. Still waiting for buff nekkid men.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Never thought about it like that. I'll have to ask them. Bet it won't go over well.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I scare me cuz I don't know what is going to come out of my mouth. Trust me, I am more scared than you are.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-No!!!!!HAHAHAHA!

Sonya Ann said...

j-You need to write about the picture you sent. I sent one to Den of my boobs spilling out of a top and his friend answered it. UGH

Sonya Ann said...

Practical Parsimony-My children do not find me funny at all. I wonder why?

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I'm so glad that you are a naughty parent. I think that you should never disclose that you were bad when the kids are young because they will just throw it back in your face when they do something. But when they are grown, let it all hang out.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-;)

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-Just give it time, just give it time.