Tuesday, January 7, 2014

So It Begins

I have decided a few things about Christmas. I am going to have more of my shopping done by say, November and I am going to try and collect a few more free things as I go. I may post about what I get for super cheap or free. I tried to make Christmas easier on myself by buying a lot more gift cards but there is only so many ways to get cheap gift cards. So I will buy more gifts this year and try and get them cheap or free. I only spent $4.24 on Den this year and he spent(ok I bought it) $7.24 on me. And I had so much fun getting those gifts. I'll try and make Christmas more fun. Yeah that sounds like me. But I have to say that this was one of the easier Christmases that we have had. I think me stressing makes everyone a bit unhappy. I know, I'll try harder.
I won a $25 e-gift card from Surviving and Thriving, I'm a lucky girl!!!!! I have gotten $6 from Pinecone research and $25.88 from BP.
So to start out the year I have...............
$6        Pinecone research
$25.88 BP
$25      Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $56.88
 I think that I will use the gift card for either me or Den. Not sure but I have plenty of time to figure it out.
That's all folks,
Sonya Ann


10 comments:

mama .bonnie said...

I've found that the best time to buy gifts is the week AFTER Christmas.I know that sounds funny, but you can find some REALLY great deals on stuff that the stores want to get rid of. Only problem with this: remembering where you stored them for a year and what you bought.

Jane said...

I'm thinking....alcohol! Whenever you go buy liquor buy an extra bottle and hide it away. You'll likely forget where they all are by December but what fun when you accidentally find one - PARTAY!

Sonya Ann said...

mama-You always make me laugh.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'll drink it before I would hide it. Maybe I could hide empty bottles.

slugmama said...

I'm with mama bonnie.
I have "bought" 3 Xmas gifts as of last Saturday and it set me back $22.15 total. 1 gift was a collection of BBW items for 75-60% off, and the 2 other gifts(clothing items)I got using my Kohl's cash on Saturday(plus a pair of gloves Hubs needed but not for next Xmas), so none of those cost me anything. Go. Me.

But I AM liking that buy liquor idea of Jane's, especially if I am on your list this Xmas. 8-)))

I know you'll do fine whatever you plan on doing.
Xmas NEVER catches Sonya Ann unawares.....

McVal said...

I'll be lucky if I have that much saved up for CHristmas by December 1st 2014... I should start giving blood now to get to THAT goal!!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-Christmas caught my wallet unaware last year. Still mad at me.
I've spent $.98 so far and have one movie which takes care of three of Den's little cousins and I bought 2 bottles of Nexxus for Anna. MY MIL also found a bunch of Christmas plates in her attic for me. Yay for not buying anything for the Christmas cookies.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-They don't want my blood otherwise I would do it. Heart murmur.
I'm just so proud of you for budgeting and trying to get back on track. You help so many people and I'm glad to see you helping yourself.

Frances said...

I was thinking the liquor idea was a good one, too. LOL!

I am so glad Christmas was less stressful for you.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It was with buying gifts and it wasn't cuz of the money shortage. I can do better!