Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lying Tooth Fairy

At the end of August, DJ had his wisdom teeth pulled. If you want to read about the holy mess we were in, go here. Can I just say, poor us! That was a mess. Poor Den had to rebuild a motor in the dark. But the good news is the car is still running. Who knew? He didn't.
Anyways, we paid a lovely $720 to get DJ's teeth ripped from his head. He was my best patient out of the three of them. He listened to what I had to say and recovered quickly. Might I even say, he was enjoyable but that took a hell of a lot of drugs to get him to the point of being chatty and polite.
I was on the conference call with Blue Cock Blue Suck when I started getting everything in order for the surgery and I heard the man tell the lovely lady from our doctor's office how to bill us and what we had to pay for. I HEARD HIM.
So I had everything set with the insurance company, the doctor's office, the surgeon and my pocketbook before we went in.
Low and behold, they billed us wrong. The man at BCBS had it all wrong. Fine. This was actually good news since we could get $712 back. That was August and I haven't seen a penny.
I've called the office and the woman that does the bills had a baby and only works on the 15th of every month. So I left a message AGAIN. The receptionist did politely tell me that it takes a while to get both the dental and the health insurance to clear everything and that I should give it more time. Ummmm yeah, the last time I called was November and he had the work done in August. She promised to move my message to the top of the stack. How awesome is that!
The good news is there is only one wisdom tooth in the entire family now and it's mine. That sucker is staying put. I'm not going through this again. EVER. I'll keep my money, my sanity and my tooth.
Plus one tooth,
Sonya Ann

14 comments:

slugmama said...

I am so glad to hear that you will never be a toothless old hag.

Waiting for medical/dental reimbursement since August, Seriously?
When did you get the EOB telling you what Blue Cock paid? No excuse for the dental office to be so tardy to the party!
Bastards.....

Anonymous said...

Call Blue Cross. The same thing happened to us! You might find someone helpful at BCBS. It took me a year.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I just don't know where to go with this. I mean, sure I'll complain but if they only do bills once a month then I have to wait. And I haven't received a check so I guess I will have to catch her next month.

Cheapchick said...

I would show up unexpectedly every shift she is in - likely it will be speeded up :) I need to go to the dentist to get a checkup, havent gone since my benefits ended when I quit my full-time job almost 2 years ago. Fortunately, nothing seems wrong with them. I hate everything about going to the dentist though.

Sonya Ann said...

Anonymous-Good idea!
My question is how long would the surgeon's office let me go without paying a bill? Would I be in collections by now? I bet I would.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm fine with the dentist but I avoid the Dr like the plague. But then again, my dr will only give out prescriptions for anti-depressants even if you have allergies.

Lena said...

Yeah, many moons ago my husband used to work for Blue Cross. The problem is that they have different offices in charge of different things in different states. You know, no head but many tails... With one of our bills it took us almost a year too... Keep calling, and good luck :)

mama .bonnie said...

My SIL swears that our insurance paid for part of her children's wisdom teeth removal BUT not mine even though we both have the same insurance plan and provider. I think it depends on the person sending in the submission :o/

McVal said...

I totally will start calling BCBS that from now on! I don't have them...
As for wisdom teeth, Ryan is the only one who has had them ripped from his head so far. I'm just waiting for the kids dental insurance to kick in before we have the middle child checked out.

Jane said...

That is outrageous! I'm pretty easy to get along with but I'd be camped out in their office with a tent and a sleeping bag if they made me wait that long. That's horrible!

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Poor man. It seems like it would be a terrible job with a lot of people calling and yelling at you.
If I didn't pay the surgeon, how long before he turned me over to collections? I should do the same. LOL

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Oh I'm sure that it was screwed up with your SIL and her kids. We are constantly getting bills and what not screwed up with my inlaws. I have even gotten my MIL's bills and we don't have the same first name or address!
And you are completely right about the person doing the submission! The only reason we stay with our doctor is because the woman in the office is BRILLIANT. She can fix almost anything!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I just don't think that it is fair that we have to pay to get their teeth ripped out and then care for them. One or the other.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-And there really isn't anything that I can do because the woman only comes in once a month, they just leave her messages. And really how many messages can she get to and pay the bills in one day.