Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Lot of Nothin'

I think this weather is just making me stir-crazy. I want to be out and about. I'm still convinced that we will be wearing sweater and shoveling snow in August.
So what's going on here, not much! But to make it look more important, I'll use bullets!
  • I haven't gathered one thing for DJ for college. He went to Northwestern when he was in 8th grade and we still have that. But I need to go through it. 
  • The tail light on DJ's car is busted. It obviously happened in the school parking lot.
  • There is a large plastic piece hanging off of Dens car near the front wheel. He said, he will fix it. And by fixing it, he means waiting for it to fall off.
  • Anna is super stressed about school. This is her last semester in the classroom. Next semester, she will be student teaching for one semester. She has about 2 months left.
  • I am still on a diet and have lost 3 pounds. WTH!!!! For the suffering I've been doing, it should be more like 30! But this is what happens when you have an under-active thyroid and aren't medicated. 
  • The treadmill is a fucker. 
And that's about it. Talk about boring!
Nothing to see here,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

slugmama said...

I'll see your boring and raise you a depressed(the post-holiday letdowns).
So much to do and no motivation.
And I gained 8 lbs. while away. WTF?!?! I moved more and ate less there....but of course it was all restaurant food so filled with sodium....sigh.....off to go take another water pill.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'm wondering if those pills would help me. LOL
You can't be depressed when you look so sexy in that red get up and boa.

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, you never bore me! ;-)

Tell DJ he needs to start getting his stuff together.

Tell DJ to fix that tail light.

Tell Den to pull that piece of plastic off the car.

Tell Anna she is an adult now.... deal with it.

Weigh yourself tonight fully clothed with shoes on. Then weigh yourself nekkid tomorrow morning. I guarantee you will weigh less.

Voila, I have solved all your issues. No need to thank me.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I need nothing else but your wisdom. I am going to stand on the scale but I'm going to hold a few bricks.

Cheapchick said...

Diets do suck. They seem to go totally out the window with PMS (that is how the icecream got in the freezer). I have gained 2 lbs back so need to rein it in. You need to do a post one of these days on your book by the way - what inspires you, how easy/hard it was to self publish. Cheers!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-We are o the same page about diets!
My cousin is editing my book and I hope to publish it on Amazon in the next few months. Since I have never done it before I'm a little worried about the process but I guess I will figure it out.

Jane said...

I was on a diet too...it lasted 2 days. Then I munched on a bunch of chocolate cookies because I think logically that if they're out of the house then I can't eat them. Well, they're out of the house now...if you catch my drift (nod to Sluggy!)

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'm really ready to ditch this diet especially since the weight doesn't want to come off. Stupid thyroid.(Read it in Homer Simpson's voice)

mama .bonnie said...

Hey, your post is the prime example that life is good when it's boring ;o)

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Boring is my favorite past time.

Donna Freedman said...

You think YOUR life is boring? The highlight of my weekend was pressure-canning the turkey that DF smoked on the Weber. It's a sad thing, being so dull...
Maybe you should start a box of stuff for DJ, and throw in things as you accumulate them. You know, stuff like toiletries you get almost free from CVS, or a handful of free condoms from Planned Parenthood.

Sonya Ann said...

Donna Freedman-I think that sounds like a wonderful and well spent weekend with DF.
And as far as DJ goes, our running joke is that if he ever has the chance to "be" with someone, he will probably have an allergic reaction and get sick all over her. It could happen because he has food allergies and stress can bring on a reaction. Poor kid.