Thursday, March 27, 2014

Green Guacamole

This guacamole is 5 days old and still green!!!!! Hey, did you know that the Aztecs made good old guac in the 16th century? And now you are smarter. Damn it, you can't come here to learn anything.
Anywho, I read at Lifehacker about pouring water on top of guacamole and it wouldn't turn brown. I have tried pushing a lettuce leaf on guacamole and putting the pit back in the bowl with the guac and nothing worked. My green goodness was always brown after a few hours. But this worked and worked well! Just pour about half an inch of water on top of it and put a lid on it. When you want to eat it, just pour it off and stir. Works like a charm!!!!!
Gettin' smarter,
Sonya Ann

12 comments:

McVal said...

Brilliant!!! I love me some guacamole... Gonna have to whip some up now! or soon.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-It isn't often that you find a tip that works that well.

Lena said...

Guac...Yuck :)

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"A Mom, Money, and More" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/03/sites-to-see_28.html

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I never liked it until Den made it and then I was in love with it. I think it has a lot to do with the person making it.

Sonya Ann said...

Jerry E Beuterbaugh-Thank you, thank you, thank you for including me in the Sites to See for this week. I feel loved!!!!!

Jane said...

Since I presently have 5 fairly ripe avocados in the fridge waiting to be dealt with this is a timely tip indeed! I'll see if you're telling the truth! :)

Frances said...

How awesome! I have eaten gallons of guac over the years and have never heard this tip!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-So did you try it? If you did, see I was tellin' the truth. ;p

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-This works really, really, well. Just drain and stir.

Sunny said...

Great tip. Thanks for sharing. Now to have leftover guac ...

Sonya Ann said...

Sunny-It is a rare thing here too.