Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Love Lists

I know I probably shouldn't be dancing for joy but DJ is headed off to college in just over 5 months. Ok, now watch the clip for the full effect.
This will be the dance that Den will be doing when we get DJ all settled in his dorm and are ready to drive away.
Trust me, there will only be tears of joy when we pull away.
There will be none of this once we are kid free.
Den's spine would snap in half and I would spend the rest of our kid-free days changing his diaper. We will try to show control when we are childless.
Yes, bitches love lists! So until I can do the happy dance of victory living child-free, I will work on gathering everything DJ will need to live a parent-free life. Here is the original list that I had for Anna(DJ probably won't need a purse or tampons though. But I will ask him to be on the safe side.) It worked extremely well. We didn't need to make one trip to the store for something that we had forgotten. Not one! That is huge. I want to move DJ into his room in 15 minutes flat and then hit the road. Errr, I mean lovingly say good-bye.
And that will be my salute to parenthood as I drive away and possibly DJ depending on how the move goes!
Quickly collecting supplies,
Sonya Ann








16 comments:

McVal said...

LOL! Rough week, eh?
We used that list!!! And thanks for posting it all those eons ago! I stuck it all in a spreadsheet and Maddy started clicking off items.

Jane said...

I come from a long line of list makers so understand the lure of a GREAT list:) Now, if I could just get Kazi out the door!

slugmama said...

I think a gathering of the Sluggy and Sonya Clans once our kidlets both hit the college dorms is in order!
Hey, your going to be traveling East to take DJ to school and we are traveling west(sort of)to haul #2 Son to his......we can make this happen!!!

slugmama said...

We can meet here....it's only a 3 hour drive from Ball State!

http://www--hummingbirdhillohio--com.rztrkr.com/hummingbird_2.htm

And split the cost of the cabin.
Think hot tub, ping pong, zip lining, hiking, caving and MASSIVE drinking!
You know you want to......!

Jenny Woolf said...

hehehe

mama .bonnie said...

HEHEHE, I felt that way years ago and they all came back to roost........

Frances said...

OMG! You will love being childless! Since I know you won't move, you will definitely need to make his room into something else, so when he comes back he has to sleep on a couch. That way he won't stay long.

Ask me how I know.

Cheapchick said...

You can't wait to get them out the door, we can't wait to get them off the dole, I have two stepsons who we no longer have to pay child support on come June - one graduates college and one graduates highschool but no college after - Yay! We love them but it is time for them to pay for themselves!! That or their Momma can, she has been a good mother but not ever been employed (seriously - hubby had to pay for them 100%)

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Yes. Please tell me why you have to nag boys so much? Just do it and I'll leave you alone!
I'm glad that it worked for you. Did I forget anything that you caught?

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-In time, in time. She just loves you or your place. I say you.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-This could be a dangerous trip!!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-You read Den's mind! He has been saying that he wants to go fishing. This looks perfect. I think we might have to do this!!!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I love the little boy at the end.

Sonya Ann said...

mama-Stop pissing in my pickles.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I can't wait. I'm on countdown. And so is Den.
His room is going to become something girly just to deter him from coming back. hehe

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Yeah, you do get to the point where you want them to stop sucking you dry. Love them but they gots to go.