Monday, March 31, 2014

Updates

So what's going on in my life? Mostly odds and ends.
I still can't follow the rules but I think that may be a good thing. I'm choosing what week to save money for instead of paying in $1 then $2 and so on. I have $182 so far. I like the idea of having the most expensive weeks paid for when we roll up on the holidays. I hope that I can completely fund this year unlike last year where as I had to take the money and pay for car problems. I pray the car gremlins stay the hell away.
This picture rocks! I would love to have that as our Christmas card!
I have gotten another $9 from Pinecone Research. Go me!
So I have.......................
$39        Pinecone research
$85.36 BP
$25      Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $149.36
I'm still Spring cleaning. Oh Joy! I'm two thirds of the way done. YUCKY! I priced all of it out on Groupon and to have the carpets cleaned it would cost $59 and to have the house cleaned it would be $59. Hmmmmmm, I probably should have gone that route. But I would like to think that I do a better job. But still $118 seems like a good investment.
I have been cleaning one room a week instead of taking an entire week or so and tearing the house apart. This seems to be working better for me. I haven't really been dejunking as I go. When I pitch things, it seems to upset the people that I live with. So I make them do there own stuff. Not that we have a ton but I see plenty that could go. Most people don't see things my way. LOL
I'm still on a stupid diet. And I think that is the reason for my pissy mood. So if it seems that I have not been happy as of late, its probably the damned diet. I'm down 6 pounds. And don't even praise me about it, I could be doing better. LOL
 I'm just trying to do this slowly so that it is something that I can stick too. I have been keeping a food diary and that seems to be the thing that helps the most. It also gives me an idea of what I can eat and what I can't eat. I have tried so many diets and I decided not to go that route but to eat smaller portions. That seems to work over all the rest. I know that I will never be able to cut out all of the yummy things that Den makes so I will just try to eat less during the day and then eat smaller portions at night. Plus, I have an unmedicated and under-active thyroid so the fact that I have been able to lose anything is a miracle. I'm also eating 6 to 7 times a day which is helping since I don't get hungry and I'm hypoglycemic so I'm not getting headaches or shaking. 
And I think you are caught up on my life!
Not thin and still broke,
Sonya Ann




18 comments:

ND Chic said...

$118 would be worth it for me but I would still have to pick up and declutter so that is half the battle.

Lena said...

Good job on losing 6 pounds! And good job on spring cleaning. I barely touched the surface so far :)

Cheapchick said...

Headaches, shaking, I thought that was just a hangover :) lol. I am still saying congrats on 6 lbs because that is an achievement. It takes 2 days to put on 2 lbs but 8 years to lose them. Cheers!

slugmama said...

I am trying to get some stuff done today instead of visiting everyone on the computer....oh! too late, I just visited you. lol

I am so tired of looking at the crap in my house(and in my garage). Time to rent a dumpster and pitch it all!!!

Jenny Woolf said...

You can choose great pictures even if you can't lose enough weight to make you happy. Though 6 lb sounds pretty good to me. And spring cleaning, that is impressive. I'm not saying I don't ever clean but I have never been able to face going through the whole house.

McVal said...

EVen though you're not proud of it, GOOD JOB ON THE 6 POUNDS!!!! I'm probably up that much. The fudge I made 2 weeks ago probably didn't help.
Neither does the fact that every time I go in the house to pee, I feel like I should grab something to eat...
I like that idea of saving money! If I could do that, I could take a serious dent out of one of our bills at the end of the year! Kind of like a bonus for myself!!

Jane said...

Oh diets schmiets! I should weight 0 pounds because I've lost the same 10 pounds oh about a hundred times! Sick of it! Having said that I started another juice fast today lol!

Frances said...

Why is your thyroid not medicated???

Seriously, SonyaAnn, you need to get that taken care of. It will really make a difference in your life!

Sonya Ann said...

ND Chic- I'm just thinking for $118 it wouldn't be a very good job.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-I really hope that I can continue to lose. But we will see.
And it feels as if I will never get this house clean. I blame the people I live with. ;p

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-HAHAHAHA! It might be!
And I agree its so easy to gain weight and almost impossible to lose.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I would be tempted to toss a few people out too. Shhhh, don't tell them that I said that.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Well thank you kindly ma'am.
There just isn't anything fun going on here.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Yes, if I can complete the 52 wk challenge it will feel like a bonus. I hope to save it for the emergency fund but we shall see if I can complete it.
And thanks for the praise but I would be happier if it was 40 lbs lost. Oh well, one at a time.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-AMEN SISTER! I feel exactly the same way.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-My idiot dr doesn't feel the need to get it regulated within the guidelines. So even when I am medicated, it doesn't help. And he treats thyroid pills almost as if they are a narcotic so getting him to up the dose is impossible even when I have blood work to prove he is wrong. SO I gave up. I know, change doctors but I'm not kidding when I say no one within a hour will take our crap insurance. But I can say that cutting out the dairy has made a huge difference in how I feel. It's like night and day. I'm on the upswing and I have been meditating more so that helps. Baby steps.

Frances said...

So are there any doc in the boxes, like in a drugstore? Someone has to be willing to regulate your thyroid.

I would be going anywhere to get mine regulated if it weren't since when it is not I feel awful and want to kill puppies.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I don't know if CVS does thyroid testing. I thought that the thyroid was causing my exhaustion but it was the food allergies that were making me sick. I'm so much better now that I take Zyrtec and antacids to control my allergies. It's like night and day. And cutting out dairy has helped too.
Thank you for caring about me. Love you!