Thursday, April 10, 2014

Avocado Ideas

While this isn't the most appetizing photo, this did work well. We had friends over for dinner and Den sliced some avocados. They weren't a big hit but the homemade tamales were so the dinner was still a success.
Anywho, the avocados were turning brown and I wanted to drink entertain so I needed to do something fast and I didn't want to throw them out. In my inebriated rushed state, I remembered the guac experiment and wondered if it would work with just sliced avocados. I put them in a container and added water. Then off to drink I went.
Those lovely slices are two days old. They are a bit softer, perhaps a tiny bit water-logged(they are perfect for guacamole), but still green and taste the same. This is really a good way to store them. Next time we have avocado slices, I'll put them in water as soon as they are sliced. This would also work great if you were bringing them to a party. Just a thought.
Alcohol logged,
Sonya Ann

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm confused...do you soak the avocados in alcohol or you? Seriously though I've wasted a lot of avocado over the years so must remember this tip!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I say soak both just to be on the safe side.