Monday, April 21, 2014

Mish Monday

Today, you are getting a mish-mosh of everything that is going on here. Yeah, you.
First off, I'm blind. Yeah, my eyeballs suck it which means my glasses are super expensive. $400.08 for my glasses! The only good thing about it is our insurance will now pay for the eye exam and I get 10% off the frames. So I saved about $65. Just so you know, we spent $1000s and $1000s on health insurance just to save that $65. I'm savvy, what can I say?
I got another lovely $3 check from Pinecone!
So I have.....................
$51           Pinecone research
$118.82     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $194.82 for our 2014 Christmas!
Some asshole hit Den's car and drove off! I'm getting sick of this, I really am. Why is it we take care of our things and respect other people's property as our own and there are never any consequences for these dickheads?!?!
Den super glued it. He's hoping that the vibration from the exhaust doesn't make it worse. He looked so sad after he "fixed" it. He loves his car. I just looked mad after he fixed it. I'm so burned out. I have always tried to be a nice person but I am getting to the point where I understand how old people get mean and crotchety. By the time you get old, you have had enough people be shitty to you and you start off being ornery towards new people just to ward them off.
Maybe I just need to go on an adventure to not be so burned out on life and people. Can we say Groupon? I have been checking out things that Den and I could do once we ditch the boy lovingly get him settled at college. Maybe a power hand-gliding flight is what I need? I doubt it.
Or perhaps an autopsy seminar? I'm thinking a few cocktails and then an incision. If I find the son of a bitch that hit Den's car, I know who will be on the table!
Happy times,
Sonya Ann



12 comments:

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Lena said...

Wouldn't going on a vacation or an adventure be nice?.. sigh...

Cheapchick said...

Wow, you guys and the car troubles. Here is hoping that Karma gets that loser back. I need new glasses too. Afraid to go see how much they will be. Go have a nice big cocktail and things will look better (plus put on your new glasses). Cheers

Sonya Ann said...

Skyline Spirit- :)

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Oh yes, it would!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Unfortunately, the new glasses have helped me t see much better and now I realize that I look VERY VERY old. WTH!!!!

Frances said...

Autopsy seminar....autopsy seminar!!

My glasses cost that much and thought I had pretty good insurance. Oh, wait, I do. The retail was over a grand.

McVal said...

Our front fender is held on by spit. Duct tape doesn't even do it... We've hit too many curbs and scraped them when pulling from the curb... I'm sorry for his car boo boo!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I know that is beyond crazy! No way in Hell would I pay to watch a poor dead person cut up. CRAZY!!!
Eyeballs can be expensive.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Hahahaha! We aren't to the point of spit but I doubt that it will be that long.

Jane said...

Just so you know it wasn't me. I mean...it could have been me but I'm too honest. I hit a car last week that was PARKED if you can believe it. I went into the store and had the owner paged - they were so grateful I didn't just take off. Now I'm just waiting to see how badly my insurance will be hit. That's life in the fast lane...

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I know you really get screwed for being honest. I don't even want to know how much our insurance is going up cuz Anna dinged someone. But when its us, assholes drive off. That's about right for both of us.