Monday, April 7, 2014

Mish Mosh

I do believe that it will be snowing and crappy in June. I would like to think that I would be happy and the animals would flock towards me and we would break out in song and dance.
It has gotten to the point where Den was weeding one of the flower beds while there was still snow on the ground. He just wanted to be outside doing something. Nope, that is just too cold for me.
I have the feeling that we will be ice skating on our pool this summer.
I got $3 from Pinecone Research and $33.46 from BP.
So I have.....................
$42        Pinecone research
$118.82 BP
$25      Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $185.82
I'm not going to have enough money for Christmas at this rate. Oh well, its too soon to stress.
The oral surgeon PAID! Finally!!!!! I should probably put the money towards Christmas but we need to visit Den's grandpa in upper WI and that won't be cheap. We are trying to rent a cabin but it is harder to rent one because people don't return phone calls or emails. We may end up in Motel 6.
And DJ has a 2-3 day orientation in IN. I'm betting the $709 refund won't pay for both. Hmmmm, maybe I could sell our teeth to help cover the costs.
This may kill me but I'm cancelling our Sunday paper. It is going from $1 a week to $3 a week. I love my coupons but not that much. I'm also hoping that I can print more coupons online. I may go through withdrawals though.I may miss this more than the satellite! Speaking of satellite and the tv..............
As you know, I cancelled the satellite over four and a half years ago. We have saved over $2100 by shutting it off. I did break down this Christmas and buy the kids a years subscription to Netflix. It was just under $100 for the year and they can share the same account. The funny thing is DJ said to me the other day how most of the shows are crap and a waste of time. That is quite a statement from a teenager.
I prefer to rent an entire season of a tv show that I have heard good things about from the library. Even Den has gotten to the point where commercials tick him off. Should I bring up the point that I post commercials every Wednesday? No, probably not.
And Spent,
Sonya Ann




8 comments:

Jennifer said...

We cut cable almost two years ago and do netflix. Guess I am an old fogey because I love Netflix. Watched Wonder Years, Lie to Me, Lost, Cheers, Frazier, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Merlin, etc, etc. God, it sounds like all I do is watch TV. Honest - I don't!

Lena said...

OK, this picture with TVs is creepy :) I haven't even started saving for Christmas... Scary. I will have about $100 cash back from CC and another $30 from Pinecone research but that's as far as it goes...

McVal said...

If you're the chick in the prom dress and it's still snowing.. you're going to want a cape. Just sayin'.

We have basic cable AND Netflix. And tivo... We also need to get rid of a few people in this house, so we can get rid of cable. But I do love me some AMC!! So maybe we'll keep it...

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-We are surviving with nothing and no one has died. I wouldn't have believed it if you told me when I cancelled it. LOL
And I know you don't watch tv all the time.

Sonya Ann said...

Lena-Creepy and distracting!
I'm thinking that the weather will stay Christmas like all year. Its so cold here.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-A cape and a cocktail!
Maybe you should leave-that would be easier.

Frances said...

That gold gown is beautious! I want one!

We cut cable 2 years ago. OMG! It has been 2 years....or is it 3? I think 2.

Anyway, we have Hulu Plus, Netflix and I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime. We have lots to watch.

We don't pay for Hulu Plus thanks to referrals. It is free for pretty much the rest of our lives.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Now that is something to write about! How did you manage to get it for free for pretty much life? You are awesome!