Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Something To Do

So I was poking around the internet and I found a really interesting site called Things I Find in the Garbage. I can't believe the good things that Martin finds. He sells what he finds and uses the money to help support himself. Brilliant! I can't believe the things that people throw out and what he has saved. I try to donate whatever we can't use or find a good home for it. But then again, I don't have a ton of stuff either. I can't imagine having so much that you could throw out silver plated serving ware. How much would you have to have to consider something worth a few hundred dollars to be trash? It's mind-boggling.
Thinking about pickin' trash,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Here's a plan.....me and you buy a truck and become "Pickers", traveling the country, buying cheap old valuable crap and raiding dumpsters. Then we take it back to our World Headquarters where Hubs and Den can sell it online.
Genius I tell ya!
They can both quit their jobs, sell online and drink and we can travel around ala Thelma and Louise style(except for that cliff thing)and get into all kinds of trouble.
Brilliant, right?!?

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I think our men folk would wan to hit the open road with us. I mean we could ditch them somewhere or at least try.
And I'm all ready for an adventure even if it involves dumpster diving. I have had it with being cooped up!

Jennifer said...

In our new house, the previous owners left behind a gorgeous silver platter! It is tarnished and needs to be cleaned up, but it is very lovely. Wonder how much it will go for?

McVal said...

They probably live like me... Looking forward to the day I can get rid of (what I consider) junk that no one will let me get rid of because they're all hoarders!!!
I tell you, if I need to get a dumpster out front of my house before I clean house, I'll let you dive into it, but I want to get a picture of you doing it.

Frances said...

Hubby and I have, on occasion, pulled some good stuff out of dumpsters. I am not to proud to say it.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I wouldn't be ashamed AT ALL!
It makes me sad how people waste so much.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-I would look it up on ebay. Maybe it will make enough to buy something new for the house!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-I think your family would be in the dumpster before me and drag everything back in the house!