Thursday, May 29, 2014

Corny

I love grilled corn. Love it. Den has an awesome cheat for making grilled sweet corn. Fill the sink with cold water and add all of the corn still in the husks that you are going to grill then add a cup of sugar. Stir it around a bit and let them soak for, at least, an hour. I normally soak them for three. Then grill as normal. YUM!!!!
I love buying corn from one of the local farmer's markets. But I don't think that I would want to buy from the guy above. He seems way to upset to enjoy his corn.
Summer love,
Sonya Ann



8 comments:

McVal said...

I have never grilled sweet corn. I can't WAIT until they sell it on the street corners, because now I have to try it!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-It's so so awesome and it will turn just normal corn into something fab.

slugmama said...

Here's another option for you....shuck your corn and wrap in foil, but put a little bit of honey on the foil and coat the corn before sealing.
Now grill.
That is all.

Jane said...

That's what happens when a person eats GMO corn lol! His face is getting modified - no wonder he's cranky!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I'll let the chef know about that one.

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I would be upset a bit too.

Frances said...

Wow. And here we have been eating plain corn like a couple of chumps. You would have Hubby at "sugar".

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Hubs is funny, you would have me at alcohol!