Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ShhhhMonday on Tuesday

The end of an era! That is DJ's gym clothes. I will wash them no more. And nope, I'm not sad about it at all. I won't miss scrubbing the pits of the shirt.
It is a bit hard to believe that I don't have any "kids" anymore. No more school whatevers, no more sending money in, nothing to do with public schools ever again.
I feel sort of old. 42 and an emptynester, hmmmm not sure how this is going to work. Maybe, I'm a tad bit sad about it.
That's the dash of DJ's car. Poor thing is at 173k. And look closely and you will see that the check engine light is on. Sigh.
I saw a huge chuck of what I thought was debris/yard yuck and went to pick it up. It was a rusted chunk of the Lumina and it had a screw in it. I am really wondering what that screw held together. We may rename the car Old Yeller.
Anna had a flat tire. $20 to fix it. And then she got another flat on a different tire. SIGH. She will be getting a new set here pretty quick.
I'm a bit of a clean freak. Just a little. But the good news is I have passed my OCD on to my children.
Anna is still cleaning businesses and apartments this summer. It's not 40 hours a week, maybe 20 depending on the week. They do pick up for a few weeks when they have to flip all of the apartments. She also has a lead on cleaning a post office so I'm hoping that she gets that.
DJ got a job for the summer! He will be cleaning the high school, any maintenance, and computer repair. The best part about this job is that it will be waiting for him every summer. And it is 1 mile from the house! He is just thrilled that he isn't going back to Six Flags. Watch he will want to get a pass now!
With the way that his car is going it is probably best not to get too far away from home!
I seem to be running behind this year. No flowers or plants planted. Well except for 2 basal plants and that was all Den. I know that was a ton of work. We should call him Farmer Den.
The awesome baskets were from Aldi! $1.99 each! I wish that I could get all of my plants from there. But they don't sell flats.
Don't ask about the pool. I think the swamp thing died in there.
I got $6 from Pinecone so I'm at......................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$63           Pinecone research
$152.55     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $341.04 for our 2014 Christmas!
And that's all I can think of to bore you with. You are so welcome!!
Old and broke,
Sonya Ann





8 comments:

slugmama said...

Well an emptynester at 42 sure beats an emptynester at 55. Think of all the damage, er....FUN you can have and more years of it!!!

You should have a ceremonial burning of the gym clothes....but be sure to wear hazmat masks.

Noah has a cleaning job too now. I don't think he's ever lifted a finger at home to clean anything. I suppose I was just not motivating him the right way.

A job 1 mile from home? Good thing that boy is going away to school or you'd never get rid of DJ.
Are y'all sure you don't have an Italian in ya? lolz

McVal said...

I'm old an broke too.. I would burn the clothes too.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-We are going to have a blast!!!!!
Anna still has her gym clothes-she paints in them. Maybe DJ will do the same. Never mind, he would just make a mess.
Not Italian but everything else. LOL
I can't even imagine the kind of cleaning job our boys will do.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-It just seems like it would be too dangerous.

Cheapchick said...

I am positive when he leaves home he would be happy to bring home his stinky clothes whenever you miss him ;)

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-That was mean. LOL

Frances said...

Just think, SonyaAnn, you can start running around your house nekkid at a much younger age than I was able to. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I think the neighbors would complain.