Monday, May 5, 2014

Sh'Moshday

It's mish, it's mosh, its Monday, it Sh'moshday! Just go with it.
So that unhappy lady in the picture is me. Hey, my name could be Charlene. Sonya, Charlene, its all the same.
Here is another crazy Sonya story. These things happen here. Really. I was tearing it up with my diet. Or so I thought.
My old scale was an old timey spinning scale sort. It was old and had way too much play in the dial so you weren't sure how much you had lost. Sooooooooo, Den and I had to go to the hardware store and I decided to get a scale. Makes sense. I went to get a new, old timey scale but Den thought that I should get a new fangled digital one. It was supposed to be glorious. Glorious, my ass.
The new one did everything. Measured your BMI, how many calories you were allowed and how much your weight was and kept your height and age. Except that it added 25 pounds to my fat ass the first time I stepped on it. Fine, maybe my old scale and the new one were really far off.
So I started my diet with even more weight to lose. Every bloody morning, I would get up and weigh. What a miserable way to start the damned day. But I started to lose weight, I wasn't happy but the weight was coming off. And then it happened, I started gaining the weight back. Hell, I gained 13 pounds in one fucking day. What the hell had I eaten, boulders?
I weighed with it according to my age and height and then reweighed without it being set to me and the scale went down 7 pounds. Are you shitting me?
The new fangled lying piece of shit scale has gone bye-bye. It has been replaced by a new, old timey scale. The problem is I'm still fat and have to start all over again. But the good news is, it isn't fucking with me. Well, yet.

I got $100.49 from google! And it only took me 6+ years of writing. GO ME!
And this is where we are................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$57            Pinecone research
$118.82     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $301.31 for our 2014 Christmas!
I'm still plugging along with the 52 week Money/Savings Challenge. And I'm still not following the rules. I should have $171 in the fund but I'm at $257. I'm choosing the week to pay by how much extra cash I have not by the week that we are on. I just can't play nice.
I'm just about done Spring Cleaning. Did anyone here notice? Nope.
I found that I hate certain areas of the house less if I scrub the bejezus out of them. Maybe that is the key to loving your house-scrub it. I wonder if that would work with people that you can't stand? You could scrub them or drowned them. Either would work. I think it is a great way to solve problems. And I have a pool!!! Just think of all of the people that I could "clean"!!!!!!!!!
For a great cheat when you are Spring cleaning, soak your blankets or comforter overnight in Gain crystals and then air dry. They smell wonderful! And the scent fills the room.
Please don't tell that I am a cheater!
This is a lovely picture of our rainfall shower head with a Piggly Wiggly bag on it. It is supposed to be a relaxing and cleansing experience. Except that we have hard water and two maybe three of the holes were open. It was more like trying to bathe with a water pik for your teeth. Avoid the crotchal region.
I had read that you could soak the shower head in CLR and a plastic bag and it would remove the buildup. Well, I'm cheap so we only had RLC. Really, the dollar tree sells dyslexic CLR.
By the way, this doesn't work. Don't blame the Pig bag.
Den took the shower head off and filled the inside of the head with RLC and soaked it overnight.

That worked like a charm. No, Den isn't charming.
Pretend the boy is DJ and our cat Sue is the dog.
The very last thing on the list for Spring cleaning is the carpets. It's not the worst job but it is the most back-breaking. Hey guess what? I'm dogging sitting for two different dogs this month. I think it's silly for friends to pay to kennel their dogs when they have friends. Are we going to place bets if I will be cleaning the carpets again?
And you are caught up. Playing computer games probably would have been a better use of your time!
Unclean,
Sonya Ann



12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just change it all - new floors, fresh paint, new door knobs/sinks/faucets. It's what we did and people are saying our house looking brand new!

You must have gotten the same scale I have! It is EVIL!

Cheapchick said...

We got rid of our old scale, replaced it with a newfangle scale, that one shattered on the first day (seriously, was I that fat?!?) so then we bought a weight watchers basic scale, none of that bmi or calories which we wouldn't use anyway. I like it. I weigh myself twice two minutes apart and it is accurate. Congrats on the google payment.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-I feel so much better that you got an evil scale too. WTH?!?! I mean don't we have enough problems in our lives without a scale messing with us.
Moving might be easier,LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-If I broke the scale I would have cried. And then called the manufacturer and let them have it. Just because I would have been so upset about feeling fat. LOL
The problem is I am still fat but I'm lighter on the new scale so that helped.

slugmama said...

I got a newfangled digital scale last year and I love it! Very accurate. Maybe one of the guys at your house are fiddling with your scale to change your numbers?...I wouldn't put it past them!!

And congrats on the google payment. I think I've gotten 2 whole payments in my long not-so-illustrious blogging career.....wish I had a day job I could NOT quit now. hehehe

I have been having evil thoughts about my kitchen lately. I WANT to gut it and start over.
I can rationalize that nobody is going to want to buy this house w/this kitchen when we attempt to sell it in 4 years, so why not reno it now and enjoy a great new kitchen for a little while?
My bank account is giving me the evil eye however......

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-What is going on with us? We are thinking about spending money all of the time! I'm scared. LOL
Maybe you got a nice scale, I got the mean bastard. LOL
I love a home improvement project even though gutting the kitchen was a monster. We did it in 11 days. I gutted for 3 before Den took off. Make sure that you precook and have a little kitchen set up somewhere else so that you can survive with fast food for the duration.

Frances said...

We need to do some Spring cleaning, but we are going to move instead. LOL!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Didn't you move just a few years ago?

Jane said...

Can't you throw the carpets in the pool? Or RLC them? OR you could put the dogs in the pool and really scrub them!I'm not a fan of scales. I have a digital one and the fluctuations are wild. If I do submit to weighing myself I only do it once a week which usually results in a drop overall. Well, if I'm trying...

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I need to say to hell with all of the projects and relax. Hey, wanna join me?

Frances said...

SonyaAnn, just catching up.

We have lived in this apartment since 2006, so almost 8 years. Maybe you are thinking of us recently moving Chance into his own place.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-I think I'm just always confused. LOL.