Thursday, May 1, 2014

Slight Hair Experiment

I'm thinking this may cause a seizure!
I'll let you in on a small secret, I have two tone hair. I'm not saying that I have a ton of grey hair. I'm just saying that it's getting a bit out of control. Damn it all!
As you recall, I donated a bunch of hair. I'm still not happy with the length but it is growing quite rapidly so I'll be back to a normal length soon enough. The good thing about it is I don't need anywhere as much hair color. Good deed and frugal!
I mixed(Ok Den mixed) half of the colorant and half of the developer in an old plastic container and then dyed my hair. It worked the same and I no longer have two tone hair.
Just don't mix the entire color as normal and try to save it in the bottle. It will start oxidizing and be useless.
A tip and a seizure,
Sonya Ann
PS-Just to go the extra frugal mile, if you use L'OREAL hair color, you can get a free box when you buy five. Just go here and enter the codes.  And then you could use the free box of hair color coupon at say CVS and earn free CVS bucks. I'm an evil frugal genius!

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Hey, that's a good tip because it's good through the end of 2014. Still plenty of time to take advantage of the deal!

Not that I'm saying I NEED to color my hair....much.....ok, stop laughing!!

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I feel so special that I posted about a deal that is worth of her sluggyness.
Not laughing, grey hair sucks.

Jenny Woolf said...

I know someone who has dyed her hair white since she was in her twenties. Now she is of an age where she would expect to have some grey hair. But she looks the same age as she always has, like nothing has changed since she was in her twenties. I don't know if she is clever or just creepy.

Frances said...

You can just use half a bottle? I have to use the entire bottle and before I cut my hair I had to use 2 boxes to color my hair.

I have had gray hairs for years and have colored my hair even longer.

McVal said...

Wow. I couldn't wait to scroll past that gif of Cruella! That made my eyes hurt. As did your hair I'm sure! I kid, I'm sure it looked great even with silver high lites! I've never dyed my hair outside of some Sun-In... If I go two toned please slap me.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I'm thinking it is a bit creepy but I have a bunch of white hairs so I shouldn't judge.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-My roots take half a bottle, if I do my entire head its a bottle.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-Sun-in was an evil bastard in the 80's! What was I thinking! It turned my hair ORANGE! Hey, gray hair is much better than the orange mess I had going on.