Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Smish Smosh Monday on Tuesday AGAIN!

I will eventually get my Monday posts back on Monday. Maybe.
Look at my crack. Yes, this is the crack in my driveway. CILANTRO has decided to grow in it.
See my little garden? Well, it wasn't good enough for the rebel cilantro. I guess I will be prying it up and replanting it.
This is a better view of my little garden. I have planted none of this. It planted itself. I have dill, lettuce, and cilantro. So stuff grows that I don't plant and...............................
this is what I get when I actually plant seeds and try to grow something. NOTHING! Not one flipping thing.
At least, the pool is doing a little better. Its not clear but it looks more like a pool than a swamp. We went to upper WI to visit Den's grandpa, DJ's graduation and family coming over for an impromptu party and Den's grandpa passing, things are a bit out of control. Understandable but still a mess.
 The color of the pool water is actually closer to the color of Smirnoff Ice. Of course, I would think of liquor.
I got ANOTHER $6 from Pinecone so I'm at......................
$100.49     Google(blog writing)
$69           Pinecone research
$152.55     BP
$25            Amazon gift code that I won from Donna Freedman at Surviving and Thriving!!!!!
Total $347.04 for our 2014 Christmas!
Anna got new tires. She was lucky that she didn't have a blowout driving home. They we pretty bad but she never said anything. It was $430. And then she informed us at the funeral that when she steps on the brakes they are making a terrible squeaking noise. Den won't be doing this brake job so I can't wait to get the bill for that one. Well, its coming out of her money but still.
Maybe Anna should trade her car in for a pair of shoes. Knowing her they would be heels and she wouldn't make it far.
Anywho, these are my favorite shoes. The sole pulled away on both shoes and tried its damnedest to trip me every step. Hot glue is the answer! We shall see how long it holds but I have high hopes.
Growing, glued, and not stopping,
Sonya Ann

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Forgo the hot glue and just get Lock-Tite. It is a gel super glue - best stuff ever!

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-Never heard of it. I'll be on the lookout.

McVal said...

Out of the 7 cars that sometimes are all together at our house, Only 4 are working good enough to drive anywhere. We're in a bad car place right now...

Good luck with the hot glue! I'm rooting for you!

Cheapchick said...

So funny, we just glued my favorite pair of shoes back together. I remember when you could find a cobbler at the local mall to do it inexpensively but they seem to have all closed up shop recently. No money in it I guess but what a throw-away society we have become. Cheers! (that is for the smirnoff filled pool, the very best kind)

Jenny Woolf said...

Wish we had a pool. In the weather we are getting it would have to be an indoor one.

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-WOW, you really do have a fleet of cars. I've been in the bad car place and it sucks. In fact, I have stayed there for quite some time and may be visiting again soon. Den's window is a mess and Anna's brakes are squeaking. Oh and the check engine light is on again in DJ's car. Joy.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I'm not throwing away my shoes no matter what society says! But I may start searching for another cute pair. I sort of have a thing for flip-flops.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-I wish I had an indoor pool-the weather is crap here.

Frances said...

You had me as Smirnoff.

I will say a prayer for your garden. :-)

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-You are crazy and fun! I think I need more than prayers for the garden!