Thursday, June 19, 2014

Good and Bad Hints

This is Den's favorite shirt. I don't know why, maybe it is because he doesn't have a lot of friends, oh wait, that's me. Anywho, he likes to slop food on it with the best of them. Dish soap is the cure. I grind some in and let it set for a few days. He is welcome.
Hydrogen peroxide is another of my fav cleaning products. It is great for cleaning carpets. I use one part hydrogen peroxide, 3 parts water and a squirt of dish soap.
It also takes blood out of anything. Trying to hide a body and drug it across the carpet-I GOT THIS!
Remember Sun-In? Yeah, that crap is just watered down hydrogen peroxide. So if you want to lighten your hair just water down some hydrogen peroxide and spray. Yeah, I don't think that any of us want to relive that orange poof and banana clip phase EVER AGAIN!
Not in the 80's,
Sonya Ann

16 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Hydrogen Peroxide is also great for cleaning delicate things like the outiside of books. Take the grubby gunk off and evaporates unlike water. I didn't know about the blood thing...Mowahahaha...

slugmama said...

And all that cleaning OXI shit?....it's just got peroxide in it. So save the cash buy your regular cheaper cleaning products AND a bottle of peroxide to add to it....much cheaper.

You can also make toothpaste with peroxide and baking soda. Good for volcanoes and teeth.

I love peroxide.

McVal said...

I did the Sun in thing and almost wrecked my hair! I love peroxide and use it a lot for carpet cleaning.

Mama .bonnie said...

I did sun in too in my younger days. Not a good thing to do when you have dark hair ;)
As for the laundry tip, yea, I use dish soap like no tomorrow because it works so much better than that expensive laundry treatment stuff :o/

Jenny Woolf said...

She really looks as if she keeps a cat in her hair.

Frances said...

Ha Ha! I used Sun in many years ago. Of course, I also used Nice n Easy. I haven't had natural hair color in years.

Frances said...

Oh, and thanks for the reminder to use peroxide. We have huge bottles of it and I forget to use it.

Jane said...

I use hydrogen peroxide a lot too - gosh we are a smart bunch!! My friend swears by it when feeling a cold coming on - she puts a few drops in her ears and voila! No more cold! Haven't tried that myself so don't blame me if it doesn't work!

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-I didn't know about the book thing. See we each learned something useful. Your tip is a bit more wholesome than mine.

Sonya Ann said...

sluggy-I second the peroxide love!

Sonya Ann said...

McVal-My hair was like melted carpet when I was done with it.

Sonya Ann said...

Mama-My hair is/was dark too. It was a bad idea.
I'm cheap so dish soap is the bomb.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-And it is a dried out and fuzzy cat. That crap made a mess of my hair. But being young and dumb I loved it. My hair fell out when I brushed it but I was obviously an idiot.

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-Natural hair, what is that?

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-No prob!

Sonya Ann said...

Jane-I'll try it on a family member and then get back to you. LOL