Thursday, June 26, 2014

My New "Used" Chair

This is our new addition. Not the damned cat but the chair. I tried to get a picture but someone kept trying to steal the show.
This is what I'm dealing with. I SO SO SO glad that we had him declawed.
I've been wanting to redo the house/furniture/carpet/never ending list but we have been broke and waiting until a certain boy leaves. Love him but he destroys everything.
I knew that I wanted a winged back chair but I wasn't willing to pay $680 for ONE CHAIR!
This picture is a little better, ignore the tail on the bottom.
I'm not sure what direction I'm going to take with the entire house(Don't tell Den that I want to redo everything, he breaks out in a sweat.) but this is a good test chair. It's a broyhill and it doesn't look like anyone has ever sat in it. It was $20, so I think we got a good deal. Now if I could only get all new furniture for that cheap for the rest of the house. I'm still looking for a new kitchen set.
Something like this would work. I doubt I will get it for $20 though.
So have you found any good garage sale deals?
Sittin' pretty,
Sonya Ann



8 comments:

Jennifer said...

None lately. I have been more selling the deals. Still downsizing. That chair is beautiful though - $20 was a steal.

That would be a good challenge - complete furniture change with no one piece over $20. Hmmm.. food for thought.

Sonya Ann said...

Jennifer-That would be an awesome challenge but really hard to do. Mind you, I would be happy as a lark to only pay $20 for a kitchen table but I don't think I could talk someone into it. I do have to get stuff for Anna's room. I might be able to swing it in her room. Awesome thought.

Jenny Woolf said...

Just a matter of waiting till something comes up. We tend to like what we get, rather than get what we like.

Sonya Ann said...

Jenny Woolf-Well said, you should be a writer. ;p

Cheapchick said...

Great deal on the chair. The cat has already broken it in, a definite furry stamp of approval.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Cutest comment!

Frances said...

Great deal on that chair! We have been spending money like we have it. Well, we DO have it as we don't spend money we don't have. But I don't even want to tally it up. Ugh!

Sonya Ann said...

Frances-It seems like we put it off until we just can't anymore. Sometimes we just need to buy a few things. It sucks but at least, we planned for it.